Sandlands February Offer

Bought and wish-listed everything I could, minus the trousseau (more for the rest of you).

Fingers crossed on the additional wish-list bottles!

Order in, took 3 of Chenin, maxed out on all the reds with full wish lists.

So stoked!!!

Favorite thing about this allocation is that it “forces” me to open a bottle of Sandlands tonight. And by tonight, I mean right now. champagne.gif

Ha! I was planning on doing the same! Just have to escape the office first. pileon [cheers.gif]

This was an easy one! Love these wines.

Took a mixed case. Left some more for others.

I might have to leave a few bottles due to insufficient funds.

Left the Carignan on the table, but picked up everything else. Bueker - you need to drink more Chenin!

BEST. GRAPE. EVER.

The Trousseau is IMO the reference point AFWE California red. Mind-blowing in its subtlety. I maxed my allocation, and maxed wishlist on the Trousseau.

Thanks! I went back in and it was there!

I just woke up, and I was full of dread when I saw that the Sandlands release was LIVE.

Thankfully, the wines that I wanted were there. I ordered the various Carignan and Mataro/Mourvedre wines. :slight_smile:

I took two each of the four reds. With shipping and sales tax, still under $300. I really should drink more of the ones I have.

IMO the earliest Chenins are only starting to come around and the later ones still need time. Not gonna rush on these.

I don’t have timing on all the reds quite dialed in yet but have had good luck with the Trousseau 3 years from vintage.

Passed this round. Left my big allocation untouched for the rest of you.

Maxed out allocation and wishlist. This was an easy all-in despite cutting back on wine spending this year overall.

Bought allocation- easier given the reasonable prices. Great to get quantities of 2 or 3- can start to get a better idea on aging. Drinking the 2012 Grenache to celebrate!

Took what was offered, very easy purchase with the once/year offer.

Does anyone else think of BRUCE when they see or say Sandlands??? :wink:

I took all I was allocated. I got my first offer last year and only took half of it…I realized I should have bought more after cracking the first bottle of Chenin. Really nice wine and much better QPR than most of the other stuff we’ve been buying lately.

Trying to hold the line this year on purchases but can’t miss the Chenins. Took a 6 pack:
2 x Chenin Kirschenmann
2 x Chenin Amador
2 x Mataro Enz