San Francisco City Offline Wednesday May 2

I’ll probably bring a 2015 Cedric Bouchard Cote de Val Vilaine and a 1990 Pape Clement.

Betty that’s too bad; I hope you feel better soon [cheers.gif]

Rich you spoil us :slight_smile:

Please if folks could spread the word and find us an eighth that would be awesome! Or if that doesn’t work I might ask my husband to come join us, and also add a red burg to the mix

Attendees

1. Ashish / 2001 Sigalas Rabaud
  2. Cindy / ?
  3. Dave, our guest of honor! / 1999 Beaucastel
  4. Jonathan / 2008 Dauvissat La Forest
  5. Leonard / 2000 Bordeaux
  6. Rich / 2015 Cedric Bouchard Cote de Val Vilaine + 1990 Pape Clement
  7. Yao / 1999 Guigal d’Ampuis
  8. <>

Yahoo we got a sparkling wine!

I agree re everything Yao and Jonathan just said! See you all soon!

We’ll have the 2000 Château Malescot St. Exupéry…

Thanks again, gents, for a fantastic evening! Great wines, food, and people - always a fantastic combination. It’s also great to see such knowledge and enthusiasm in the next generation of wine lovers!

Thank you all for the lovely night. Hope to see all of you around, and I hope California treats you well, Dave!

It was lovely meeting you Dave, and it was a great excuse to get the SF group together again! We should keep it up with another dinner. =)

I’m a compulsive note taker, so here’s my recap for the wines:

DINNER WITH DAVE - Mathilde, San Francisco (5/2/2018)

• 2015 Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Champagne Blanc de Noirs Côte de Val Vilaine - France, Champagne
    Moderately aromatic, some yeast and richness but mostly steely and fresh; palate is light, fresh, lime, steely, just a hint of the richness, apples and pears; medium finish. Lovely champagne.
  • 2008 Vincent Dauvissat (René & Vincent) Chablis 1er Cru La Forest - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis 1er Cru
    Slow ox 4 hours. Aromatic, oily, a tad buttery, plenty of minerality; palate is full bodied, lovely complexity, more freshness than richness but plenty of both; medium-plus finish. Lovely, and this was impressive tonight.
  • 2001 Château Sigalas Rabaud - France, Bordeaux, Sauternais, Sauternes
    Highly aromatic on pulling the cork, orange blossom, fresh aromatics; palate is medium bodied, superb balance of richness and lightness, not the most complex but has some spice and botrytis; medium-plus finish. Really nice, and an excellent match with many dishes on the table tonight with its freshness. Ready to drink now, but it will likely be better in 5-10 years after even a bit more sweetness drops out.
  • 1990 Château Pape Clément - France, Bordeaux, Graves, Pessac-Léognan
    Wonderfully aromatic nose with spice, mellowed black currant, baking spice, clove; palate is full bodied, lovely balanced medium acidity and medium alcohol, blend of mature black fruit; medium-plus finish.
  • 2000 Château Malescot St. Exupéry - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Margaux
    This is a lovely wine. Highly aromatic with stewed tomatoes, soy, cassis, lovely savory; palate is full bodied, low-medium alcohol, red fruit, bell pepper; medium finish. Just a lovely, lovely mature Margaux with great enjoyable aromatics, ready now and great with food.
  • 1999 Château de Beaucastel Châteauneuf-du-Pape - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Châteauneuf-du-Pape
    Moderately aromatic, Black fruit, a bit of pepper, a bit of musk; palate is medium bodied, light tannin, balanced alcohol, nicely high acid, surprisingly; short-medium finish.
  • 1999 E. Guigal Côte-Rôtie Château d’Ampuis - France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Côte-Rôtie
    Really lovely nose with black pepper, white pepper, musk, black fruit; palate is medium bodied, medium acidity, medium palate, black fruit, nose more complex than palate, fresh medium acidity; medium to short-medium finish. Nose was exceptional, with the palate good but falling a bit shorter than the nose promised. Still a lovely wine.

Posted from CellarTracker

I’d want to have an offline again just so I can have you take wine notes for me, Ashish. Excellent descriptions.

It was lovely meeting with you all! Thank you Ashish for the comprehensive notes [cheers.gif]

Great night; not only wonderful wines (without a single clunker), but the venue lent itself to really enjoyable conversation, also thought out; such that we had a sparkler and Chablis to start, two Rhone and 2 Bordeaux, with a formidable Sauternes not only for dessert, but to enjoy with starters and entrees. Thanks D@ve, and all…