San Francisco City Offline Wednesday May 2

How about a 2000 Bordeaux? I’ve many to choose from.

Every time I go there I get some combination of: charcuterie, escargot, bone marrow, duck confit, steak frites, coq au vin; a 2000 Bdx should be v complementary

Considering bringing 2008 Dauvissat La Forest, if people are willing to drink (gasp) a white wine. Can see if it will work with the charcuterie, or the escargot, or some fries?

Selfishly I’ve never had anything from Dauvissat and would love to try [cheers.gif]

Oh in that case I’ll bring something else then because I don’t need more competition buying in the city.

…I kid, I hope it shows well. Reports have varied widely about how much air this wine needs and I think I’ll probably try to open and slow-ox it a few hours beforehand.

Would like to join but put me down as a maybe for now, will be more definite by the end of next week. Thanks.

Joel

Sounds good!

Ashish - any sense of whether you’ll be able to make it?

Funny, I was thinking of bringing an ‘07 Dauvissat Forest, but I can’t find the damn things. So … it will either be that or something else. Maybe a red burg. Or a Barolo. Or a Rhys chard. I don’t know, definitely will come in a bottle.

Good question. I should be able to make it by 7:30. Count me in.

Works for me!

Given the other bases that are covered, including Rich’s Burg possibility, I’ll bring the '99 Beaucastel.

That gives us no two wines from the same region (assuming you view NR and SR as separate, as I do), with a couple of wines to be named - anyone interested in a Champagne and/or a dessert wine for one or both of the last two spots?

On the Chablis, I can’t speak to the '08, but I opened an '09 recently. I served it immediately, as I had it along as a backup for a Fevre in case of premox, which the Fevre had in spades. The Dauvissat was great from the get go.

Put me on the waitlist. I will be just coming back from an international trip the morning of, but Mathilde is only a 2-minute walk from my place!

Sounds good. Amended & restated attendees:

1. Betty / 2015 Domaine Comte Abbatucci Cuvée Collection Rouge “Ministre Impérial”
  2. Dave, our guest of honor! / 1999 Beaucastel
  3. Jonathan / 2008 Dauvissat La Forest
  4. Leonard / 2000 Bordeaux
  5. Rich / ?
  6. Yao / 1999 Guigal d’Ampuis
  7. Ashish / ?
  8. Joel (tentative; to confirm by 4/20)
    (waitlist)
  9. Cindy

Unfortunately I won’t be able to attend this one, got word today that I will be away on business on the 2nd. Have fun guys.

No worries, next time! Cindy you’re in :slight_smile:

1. Betty / 2015 Domaine Comte Abbatucci Cuvée Collection Rouge “Ministre Impérial”
  2. Dave, our guest of honor! / 1999 Beaucastel
  3. Jonathan / 2008 Dauvissat La Forest
  4. Leonard / 2000 Bordeaux
  5. Rich / ?
  6. Yao / 1999 Guigal d’Ampuis
  7. Ashish / 2001 Sigalas Rabaud
  8. Cindy / ?

If we’re sticking to french, I have a '99 Pavie Decesse that should be good. Or if Dave wanted a sweet wine, I can oblige there as well with the '01 Sigalas Rabaud which was showing excellently about a year ago.

My vote would be for the Sauternes. With 8 folks, IMO the ideal lineup (of course, I’m a red wine guy) would be one Champagne, one still white, and one dessert wine, with still reds filling out the rest. Not that there’d be anything wrong with any other mix, of course. And since we don’t have a stickie yet…

I agree; Sauternes would be awesome

Hi all, bumping this now that we’re 3 days away. I’ve spoken to Lina (the owner) and she’s been forewarned to expect a bunch of drunken wine geeks. Cindy/Rich please let us know what you’re planning to bring, unless it’s a surprise [wink.gif]

See you all at the restaurant (315 5th St) on Wednesday at 7.30pm; please text/call me at XX if anything comes up

Very sorry for the late update, but I will have to sit this one out. I’ve got a bag head cold, can’t taste much, and would hate to get everyone else sick.

Have a great time, and I will catch the next offline!