SALE: $5 Zalto Red Burgundy Glass

I bought the white wine glasses and really like them. They work well with champagne too.

Does the box double as a carrier for wine tastings. With some boxes, once you unpack them, you have the glasses, but the packaging is basically useless.

I had them shipped to me and really hoped they would come in the original box. However, they came very, vary carefully wrapped individually. I feel badly that someone spent all that time packing the box up.

The original box is a folding box that creates compartments for 6 glasses and its usable for storage.

Got mine today. A little heavy, but they look great and I love the bowl.
By the way, if you plan to ship anything this holiday season, order 8 or so of these glasses…with the insane amount of packing material you get, you’ll be all set!

Legitimate question and no offense intended :

You guys seriously like these fat-bottomed glasses?

I know Lenox had a similarly shaped stem, and it seems too fat-bottomed to me. I can only see these glasses working for pinot, and you’d need a pretty hefty pour for them to work. I don’t see them working at tastings where you only get a small pour of 1/4 glass or less. On top of that, I personally think they are ugly.

Do you think these glasses will work for anything other than pinot? And do you think they will work with a smaller tasting pour?

I believe these follow the Zalto bowl style pretty closely and people swear by them. I believe they will work with a variety of wines. However, just like any big glass, they are not good for tasting pours.

Got mine today.
Drinking white Burg.
Love the bowl and weight of the glass.
Probably QPR purchase of the year for me.
Really excellent.
$30something for 6 glasses and free shipping?? Shoosh!

Have to disagree. I just received an order of these. Half of them don’t sit flat on the counter. They wobble - some more than others, some just a bit. I am returning the entire batch. Considered sorting out the good ones and returning the others, but just not worth it given this indication of poor quality.

Mine don’t wobble, they rock! [snort.gif]

Maybe you need a new counter?

Testing these glasses out, I may wobble, but none of my glasses wobble.

Just got another 6 - none of the 12 that I received wobble at all.

mine arrived today…no wobbling, and i’m very happy with them! ordering more!

Half of mine had the wobble also. Definitely the glass, not the surface. However, I’m a cheapskate and they’re good glasses, so I went back to the store and went through the whole shelf to find ones that didn’t wobble. Most of them did, but I managed to find some that didn’t.

Presumably a problem with some of the batches during the manufacturing process.

Thanks. Like I needed this!
Enablers!

Below is a photo of the Crate & Barrell Hip glass (left) next to the Zalto Burgundy glass. The Hip glass is taller and slightly narrower. The Zalto glass is thinner (but not by that much!) and the glass is a little clearer. I’m happy to have the Zalto, but it’s probably hard to justify the 13x price difference to a non-wino (or to a frugal wino).

Ben

Thanks for the tip. I bought some, and got a mixed 12 pack each for two couples with whom we frequently dine. A great gift, and now I won’t have to drink my fine wines out of their crappy glassware.

[welldone.gif]

Thanks for the photo - surprised they went so big on them then in comparison.

So, how did it stack up in the drinking? Nose? On the palate?