S-R PressDemocrat: JoelPeterson

A reall nice article on Joel Peterson in the S-R Press-Democrat:
JoelPeterson

It pretty much captures of the JoelPeterson that I know. Did I ever mention that I followed him from (before) the very start?? Nawh…probably forgot to.

I tasted his Once & Future wines w/ Joel back in June. They’re pretty terrific…like the old-timey Ravenswoods.

It pretty common to trash the Ravenswood vnyd-designate Zins since the Constellation buy-out. I think they’re probably just as good as they’ve ever been. Joel still has the say-so in their making. As for the Vintner’sBlend…not tried that in yrs.
Tom

Tom,
Didn’t you help Noah select cuttings for the ark??

Tom was with Agoston Haraszthy when the alligator ate him. Tom was busy with a vertical of wines made in barrels by John Alden. "

Awwwww, Mel…how could you forget the first TN (short/boring) I took on a cuneiform tablet when I tried Pliny the Elder’s first wine. I tried to
upload it to the InterNet but my cuneiform/card-reader didn’t have a USB port yet!!! [snort.gif]
Tom

I heard you suggested the right wine for the alligator…Zinfandel…what else?

I heard you suggested the right wine for the alligator…Zinfandel…what else?

Tom,
Thanks for the link. I tried the Once and Future Zin a few months back and it was terrific. I will purchase more going forward (being on the list and all). Those Bedrock Zins (and Heritage, and Syrah, etc.) “rock” as well…

So what do you match with those Hatch green chiles? I need to order some more…cannot find them in Chicagoland…

Cheers,
JP

All the chile roasters are set up & ready to go…they’re just waiting for the Hatch chiles to start rolling in.
The smell around town when they’re roasting is heavenly…to die for.

Beer is the go-to beverage w/ green chiles. Depending on the preparation, a Lambrusco/Birbet or a strongly phenolic
skin-contact white also works.

Tom

I figured as much Tom. I cook from the Rancho de Chimayo cookbook…terrific btw and my wife and I visited the restaurant several years ago.

Cheers,
JP