Roy Piper Cabernet Tasting (13, 14, and 15)

Yes, I would!

[berserker.gif]

Just so this BB knows when a person is wrong like I was I take full responsibility for my above actions… I have PM Justin and he is a cool dude who knew my point from the start without him being insulted…so the original poster understood my intentions… that said I was wrong to post such a harsh post now that I see it from others perspective… apologies sent … sorry…

now lets just think about Roy’s wine for one min… wines this good are seldom available for what I think is a very fair price for the production size…

the main point is Roy’s wines are walking with the very top wines in his AVA scoring near perfect or perfect scores… Roy has somehow been able to create via excellent understanding of grape ripeness along with vinification at perfect levels… 99/100 point wines its a rare thing to see and I suggest you grab a bottle if you care to and find out yourself just how good his wines are …

Salute !!!

John… [cheers.gif]

This is all in good fun.

If we can’t “take the piss” out of each other, then who can we?

Best wishes… champagne.gif

Tasted last July, and posted on Ebob;

"ROY PIPER

2010 - Brilliant first effort. Solidly structured, and sincerely true to its origin. I was afraid that his wines would be “too sweet” for my palate, but this is perfectly honest and balanced. I sense a sort of upgraded Dunn feeling here. 94+/100 p.

2011 - Fantastic aromatics, and while less structured than its older sibling, this has a sexier inner sweetness, and it’s also in a way more naked and refined. As it’s somewhat lighter on its feet and for sure more charming, it still possesses intensity and severe length. Might well be the best 2011 that I’ve tasted so far. For my “European palate”, this is NOT a write-off vintage, if you choose well, and even if Roy himself dismissed 2011 in one of his amazingly well written Napa Valley summaries way back (UPDATE; on Ebob), I think his own produce clearly shows that greatness was possible. 94/100 p.

2012 - Flirting with perfection, this is one of the greatest young Napa CS’s I’ve had so far. Needless to pinpoint why - this is just another main reason for drinking Napa Cabernet in the first place. 98+/100 p. Glad I got 6 bottles, as this beauty will age gracefully for another 20+ years. Congrats, Roy."

Since this post, I’m now representing Roy’s wines in Sweden, and we were allocated 36 bottles, which we’ll receive next January. Definitely biased these day, but seriously impressed of the overall quality here.

Thanks Justin for notes on '14 and '15!

Nice TN Jörgen

Just curious, how many krona’s does a bottle of Piper run for in Sweden?

When does the next release happen?

With lime, or without?

i thought you were a multimillionaire? why are you scrounging around for an extra $500,000 in pocket change? can’t wait until this board bids adieu to you. parting will certainly not be sweet sorrow. salute.

SEK 1500 incl VAT.

Come out W and we will vert!

Jörgen,

nice notes… thanks…

1500 Swedish Krona equals
175.02 US Dollar

is really a great price IMVHO…

Salute !!!

Dear dude…

Dude dude dude dude dude dude…

"You can never be too thin or have too much money "

Using other people’s money, priceless… Grow up … I will be around longer than you think… You think I fold with a few lambastings , #uck no … So don’t hold your breath for me to leave … Looks like I found a new home in this BB … neener

That’s a great price!

Roy kicks ASS. While I am saving the bulk, I open a baby Piper (current release) every year on Fathers Day on 24 hours of air with a dry aged steak. My dad and I deserve it!

I was thinking that, as well!

I don’t get this. Piper’s wines are good wines(not great wines) and that should be the end of it. 95 points is about right.

Stan, how long have you been a member? (that’s rhetorical - I can see it under you avatar) You should know by now that somebody will be ready to argue about anything, even if they agree with another member but that member didn’t agree enough!

I believe it to be an honest approach to offer Roy’s wines not too far off the USD150 release price.

2012 Piper is great Napa Cabernet.

I thought 95 points did designate a great wine…