RieslingKenner 4th Annual Falkenstein Charity Tasting-Chicago 1-14-24 w special guests David Schildknecht and Lars Carlberg

We are very excited to announce our 4th Annual Falkenstein Vintage Tasting Event on January 14th, 2024 at Easy Does It in Chicago!!!
We are so happy to be teaming up with Robert Houde Wines again this year to bring you a truly one of a kind tasting experience with all proceeds going to support the wonderful efforts of the Trotter Project charity!
All 25 unique micro bottlings from the 2022 vintage coming from the great Hofgut Falkenstein winery in the Saar will be poured. That is every single bottling that came into the United States. This is the first time for a tasting of this magnitude to happen outside of the winery. It will be even bigger than last year at our 3rd annual event, where we had 24 bottlings!
We will have two very special guests this year. David Schildknecht will again join us, but for the first time ever we will also have our friend @Lars_Carlberg here all the way from the Falkenstein winery in Germany to share in the fun!
We will also have a raffle going with 100% of the proceeds going to the Trotter Project. For a $25 donation you will have the chance to win a complete set of the 25 current release wines from Falkenstein. (sorry US only due to shipping regs) That is $1/bottle for the winning ticket! You can buy as many tickets as you want for a better chance to win. Raffle will be done through direct donation to the Trotter Project. Please include the following in the description line of your donation: For raffle, ‘RK Wine Raffle’
Tickets will go on sale very soon and a link will be shared. So, make your plans, buy your tickets, donate for the raffle ( DONATE — The Trotter Project ) and get ready!

And yes, those are the 2022 wines in Fuder cask!

1 Like

I’m excited to finally attend your annual Hofgut Falkenstein charity tasting in Chicago. It’s been several months since I tasted an entire lineup of the 2022s. Back then, it was for David Rayer of Mosel Fine Wines.

Yesterday, after pruning vines, Johannes and I tasted the 2023s from cask. The wines are very good. My early favorites are Onkel Peter, Kugel Peter, Gisela, and Mia. All four are Kabinetts. Onkel Peter is feinherb.

1 Like

Hey all,
The ticket link is LIVE: Falkenstein 2022ers for charity w/ RIESLINGKENNER — Easy Does It

Please reach out with any questions, but this should be a special event.

Hope to see you there!

2 Likes

couple days out for the evert hope you can make it. We will be going despite the weather so stop on bye.

Sounds like a great event: hope lots of people made it!

2 Likes

It was sold out.

Nice

2 Likes