Ridge Monte Bello Futures - what other bottles are you buying?

Anyone else subbing in the Jinsomare Zin for the other bottles in the “required” shipment to “get” Monte Bello futures?

I went for two Jimsomare Zin, one Estate Cab. The 2019 Jimsomare was excellent upon release, and is still drinking very well (I checked in on it last month). I hope the same will be true for the 2021.

1 Like

I was able to call and sub in 2x ‘22 Geysers and 1 estate cab.

1 Like

I got 1x Cab 1x zin 1x chard

Are they requiring other bottlings to be purchased to get Monte Bello futures now??

Also, splitting topic

Not requiring, giving a self service option to. You could still do nothing and get the default. No insider information on my end, but it seems like there were two factors at play - people being unhappy with the default selection, and not enough Merlot in 2021 for a varietal bottling. Smart move to offer to sub in the fan favorite Jimsomare Zin.

1 Like

They made the change a few years ago for new sign ups. I think I signed up in ‘21. Grandfathered in prior Monte Bello Futures buyers.

There was discussion here at one point but I failed to locate that thread.

Ah, now I get the question. Yes, those grandfathered in wouldn’t know about the 3 bottle requirement. It’s been like that for a long time though. Did you mean this thread? 2018 Ridge Monte Bello futures offer

When did Ridge start taking hostages? When I was still buying MB futures 1999-2003 vintages they were around $65 with no other requirements.

1 Like