Rhys Virtual Offline--9/30, Saturday (List of committed wines in Post #1)

I’ll be solo, so thinking of opening a half bottle of a 12.

Tom, I missed this. How 'bout I open the one that you don’t? I was trying to fill out some 'o8s as well.

Thanks for signing on guys…when you decide, post back again please. PS–Charlie, how are you doing, everyone OK?

Mr Rath, a 1/2 bottle is fine. Which one?

I’m going to open an '08 Alpine Pinot.

I’m good with either, Charlie, and have the whole lineup of 2008s. I saw Russ is going to do an 08 Alpine. I can do anything. Glad to.

Russ, I got your wine.

Brig, if you are reading this…are you doing a 12 'Shoe Chard via Stevie Nordhoff?

I might be able to join. The only older wines I have are:
'10 San Mateo PN
'09 Santa Cruz PN
'06 and '09 Alpine PN
'10 Skyline PN.
I know that the first two wines are in a great place so it’ll probably be one of those.

Ha, you give me far too much credit in knowing exactly what is in my locker, and where it is. I’ll have to let you know when I find the box these are in :wink:

Just refreshing this, as more wines were added. We have a pretty strong list of wines being poured at my house for those WBers coming over. Those details are over on the Offline Planner if you are just dying to know all about it.

For those who are virtually joining us, I am working to keep the main list in Post #1 current. Plenty of time if you still want to post your participation. Our objective here is to get a lot of bottles open, with TNs and comments back for the community. At minimum, you will see a thread from me after the event, with all of my TNs to help foster the post-discussion. I am sure many of you will be on the edge of your seat awaiting my wisdom to bless you.

It’s not clear where we are going to dinner next Saturday, so I have two wines queued up, and will open one of them.

2010 San Mateo PN
2012 Horseshoe Syrah

I already named my wine, but did not see it in the list:

2006 Alpine Chardonnay.

I will be hosting some French people on that day, but they are not particularly wine drinkers. We will open this, along with a 2001 Equinox Santa Cruz Mountain Brut Blanc de Blancs, before we head off for dinner and probably drink some local brewskies, maybe along with a bottle of my own wine.

Frank, please add 2006 Rhys Alpine Chardonnay to the list, this is a definite. Sorry I can’t make it to an OL for this near Boston, but guests take precedence.

Dan Kravitz

Dan - no Boston offline to worry about. Not enough interest…

I have 2008 Alpine Chardonnay and/or
2007 Family Farm Pinot on deck

I’ll go with the 2008 Skyline Pinot Noir. Looking forward to it!

Thank you guys. I will edit the first post. BTW, for anyone who is listing multiple wines and/or not sure across a few options, I won’t list you in Post #1. If we end up with duplicates, it ain’t the end of the world. The point is to open bottles, enjoy the wines and share/compare notes.

For those attending my place on this Saturday, I do have the 2015s locked in for the event now, as well as special Horseshoe Own Rooted bottling that was less than a barrel made. Be fun to try that and see how it shows.

And given the storm damages hitting people in the islands and Florida area, I want to challenge the community here. For every unique Rhys note I see posted here in the thread, I will pay $5. I’ll then figure out an appropriate donor who can put the money to use.

I have put the qualifier of ‘unique’ on here for 2 reasons. One, I want to encourage the spectrum of Rhys to be opened, and I also will be running my annual challenge in November for all Pinot Noir notes posted during the holiday week.

Hmmm, drank an 07 PN Alpine last weekend and drinking a 13 Chard tonight. If a 2004 Rhys Alesia Pinot Noir Sonatera Vineyard counts, then I will open that (with a back up on hand). If not, then I will choose something else.

Alesia counts, Loren. Do it.

I can’t wait to see your notes on the ‘Own Rooted’ 2015. I had the good fortune to taste the 2014 when I was at the winery last year. It was the best showing wine of the day and probably the best Rhys I have tasted to date. I believe the '15 is the first commercial release.

I found some more Rhys I forgot I bought recently '09 and '07 Swan. Unfortunately the '07 Swan is listed as H on the website. The only wine I have that is listed as D is the '06 Alpine PN so I’ll pop that one.
In the mean time I’ll likely drink one of my last '14 Anderson Valley Chards tonight (bought 15 bottles!). Can’t wait to pick up some of the '15 this fall.