Rhys Virtual Offline--9/30, Saturday (List of committed wines in Post #1)

Jud, I like it. Would be cool to see another city or more do a similar virtual event with a live get-together.

Keep signing on everyone.

I’m definitely in. Exact wine TBD, but it will probably be one of the allegedly advanced/ing Chardonnays.

Frank, would you be game for keeping a running list in Post 1 of the nominated bottles?

Done, in Post #1. Between the virtual thread here and the in-person gig at my place, I’ll keep the list updated.

Have to see if I can get a hall pass. :slight_smile:

Joanne and I will crack a Rhys.

FMIII–I’ll try to get a friend to open something. My bottles are 8 hours away [head-bang.gif]

Frank, we shared a bottle of the 2011Horseshoe chard with another couple last weekend- they loved it. Will try to pop a couple things with them around the time of your event and post some notes.

Jud and David,

I could be in for a real tasting. Date seems feasible right now. Jud is north of Boston, which is relatively easy for me. Is the David mentioned ¿Bueker (I assume it’s Bueker, not Busker)? I’ve enjoyed posts for quite a while, would be nice to meet. Boston would be OK, obviously north is on my way.

I can bring 2006 Alpine Chard. In any case, whether we manage a group tasting or not, that is what I will taste and write up on that day. If requested, I can probably also contribute a red of comparable age.

Dan Kravitz

FYI-nothing final, but I am likely on the road 9/30. Sorry. Will keep things up to date.

Thanks for the continued posts here in support of the theme. The offline event at my place is continuing to grow, as well as the participation here–we still have six weeks to go so keep posting.

I have amended the list in Post #1 again, based on some newly added wines from both threads.

Good holiday weekend everyone. Refreshing this post to see if there are others who still wish to sign on. We’re 4 weeks out but we have plenty more bottles to have committed, for more of you to join the virtual event.

I will be away that day, but I will try to remember to take a bottle of Rhys with me. Looking forward to seeing the notes.

Put me down for a 2009 Rhys Alpine PN. We’ll have it at dinner in Half Moon Bay at La Costanera.

Thanks Steve, that fits nicely into the lineup.

Frankie, I’m considering an '08 Horseshoe Pinot.

Frank - put me down for a 2006 Alpine Pinot.

Jud and Mike, thank you. List edited. And to Glenn B, I have your wine also added that you posted in the Offline Planner thread that is running concurrent to this one.

To the rest of the community here, we are two weeks out from the event. Please review post #1 and if you can join us virtually, we encourage you to participate. By drinking and posting on these wines, we can collectively advance our discussion about Rhys and the decade plus work that is underway.

I will pick the wine probably next weekend. Opened a '14 Swan Terrace the other night by the way.

This seems like a great way to dive back into things, Frank! I’m in. I’ll pull either an 08 Alpine or an 08 Family Farm. Fill out that 2008 vintage.

Frank, I would love to check in on toe 2008 FF. Put me on the list, please sir!