Rhys sparkling wine offer July 16th

Took my 2+2 allocation. Don’t know a thing about these wines, but based on the reputation of the Rhys team, I’m in.

Did two 750s and a mag.

Did my 2 +2 plus wished more 750s. Really looking forward to this project and I am in for the ride.

Took 2+0 and was offered 2+2.

No offer but haven’t been on this list long. Bummer!

I went for 2+2.

I’m thinking it will be crazy fun to serve it blind at a champagne tasting.

Not only do I look forward to tasting this project, but I look forward to tasting it with a sparkling wine lover like Frankie!

Teach me to stop buying after laying in quite a bit. Good luck with this project, Kevin

In for 2 750’s and 2 Mags.

I’m struggling with this. I am a fan of Rhys, especially their chardonnay, but it’s tough to dive into $79 California sparkling wine, without even so much as a Frank Murray tasting note out somewhere on the internets.

This will probably follow the well-worn decision path of “can’t decide, can’t decide, oh they just sold out so the decision is made for me.”

Not a bad strategy, didn’t work for me this time.

I was determined not to open the email!
But in the end I decided that their description of the wine was exactly what I look for on the rare occasions I drink Champagne, maybe two or three times a year. Way too many sparklers have palates that are too rich and heavy.

Like my Rhys. Overextended and had to pass. A lot of money for a new experiment. Have passed on a number of new release Cali wines with no track record but good pedigree. So much excellent champagne out there right now I just can’t justify it

+1

Especially when you can buy very decent Champagne for around fifty bucks. Love to try it tho, but waiting until the more blended ones instead of simply a blanc de blanc.

Sometimes the best decisions are the ones we don’t make.

Anybody know how to change your Rhys account email? (I suspect this couldn’t be easier, but I can’t find it anywhere in my manage account settings)

Realized after seeing this thread that Rhys has my old email!

If you’re able to log in, go to My Account at upper right, the Username/Password page lets you manage everything. If you can’t log in, just call them, they are the most responsive and helpful customer service you will find.

2 750s + wishlisted a 3rd.

2+2 for me. Worth the risk given their commitment to quality and knowledge of both Domestic and European wines, and the fact that R Peters consulted. I jumped blindly into the MacDonald and Ultramarine mailings, and those worked out just fine.

Cheers,
Warren