Rhys sparkling wine offer July 16th

For as long as I have known Kevin and Jeff, they have not in my mind cut any corners and they go all-in on what they’re working to express. For that, I am very curious to see what they have crafted with that kind of commitment, joined by the french thinking of Peters. Even the decision to play with the precision of dosage to the degree described, especially in the EB space (nearly Natural), should tell us a lot about what’s informing their thinking.

No one should be expecting Chetillons or Cramant from Bear or Pajaro…at least, I am not. But to know Rhys is behind something ambitious to express sparkling wine from their POV, at a low dosage, that to me as awesome and I can’t wait to see what they have crafted.

Thanks for answering my PM, I was talking about a Rose sparkler…

Charlie,
My apologies as I mistakenly thought you were asking about a still Rosé! We have not yet produced a Rosé sparkling wine though it is possible that we might. We have bottled a 2018 Millésime that is a blend of Chardonnay of Pinot Noir so we are getting closer!

That IS exciting! Thanks Kevin. And good luck.

Looking forward to this!
I am sure based on prior history and a terrific consultant that this will be a special Sparkling.
Thanks Kevin!

Intrigued to try this…with Ultramarine as a benchmark!

I’ve tried Ultramarine twice and I don’t understand what they are trying to do at all.

I adore the Ultramarine wines (so does my wife, which is more important!), but Bearwallow is a completely different expression of Chardonnay from Charles Heintz. This will be an interesting project to follow.

I’d be very happy if you could talk Beau into making another sparkling rosé, as his sparkling Gamay is outstanding.

Sparkling wine is the one place where I can muster the locals to polish off a magnum without much difficulty. I can see myself stocking a few mags as a result.

Cheers,
fred

Thanks, Kevin,
Looking forward to this!

I need some more Rhys Chardonnay. I am hoping for a good offer soon. I know it might be a little while. My old high school friends consumed a large portion of my stash!
Wishing you guys all the best Kevin. The wines are first rate.

So, the next Ultramarine, huh?

I’m wondering what ‘California expression’ is. I’m thinking of heat and wildfires, and traffic jams, with some suffer dudes in for good measure.

“California expression” is about as useful a term as “French wine.”

Too broad, and essentially useless.

Getting a little picky here aren’t we? Kevin likely invoked California expression as a way to dissuade people from expecting it to be like Champagne.

FYI, this is active though I haven’t received an offer email yet.

2+2 offered, 750s and mags.

this will be fun to try and track

Ordered some. I’ll give it a shot. I’m not an experienced sparkling wine drinker, but I’ll trust Rhys to produce a quality product.

In for a case

2 + 1 mag here. I’m interested to see how it is.