Restaurants selling wine carry-out at great prices...

You don’t think that the CARES Act will keep many restaurants alive?

I agree. I’m usually an optimist. But I think bad it’s going to be rough going—more than a lot of people realize.

If restaurants can just sell their wines at 50% off, they will still be able to live comfortably. Most of the times, 50% off is still above street price. They got it for probably less than half of that.

Anything going on in San Diego?

I’ve seen a few in my area doing this however with nothing exceptional or interesting. Maybe I’m late to the party then again there are a lot of chains in my area unfortunately. Places I like with higher-end bottles are further away than I’d like to travel in these times. I’d certainly consider if there was something above average locally though to help support.

In lieu of wine, been making sure to tip heavily as if I were sitting down. I feel most for the staff with their families and livelihood.

I’ll take a looksie. Were you able to access the list online?

Where are restaurants putting out this info that they are having a sale? Facebook?

I think some beverages are ordered along with food. Some info is on social media.

I don’t live in NY anymore or know how updated it is, but I saw this:

Hey Curtis. PM me an email address and I’ll forward it to you.

Does anyone know of any Portland, Oregon restaurants selling wine at great prices?

One of our local favorites is selling some of their cellar. They change their list frequently, so it is not very deep.

I bought a bottle of the Ceritas cab last week. I am on the mailing list and buy the chards but have never had the cab. For $98, I decided to get one. It is a little more than retail so not a deal, but I did not have to order three of them.

Bought half a case of JM Seleque Solessence from a local spot… after tasting it tonight, should probably double that order…

K Krahenbuhl wrote: ↑Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:42 pm
Krug @ $125 is the best deal I’ve seen so far in Houston.
Can they ship?!

Doubtful but someone from Texas chime in. I thought they had some tough shipping laws.

Doubt they can ship legally. The law was relaxed to allow local sales by restaurants. But I don’t think it allows them to have full-fledged retail operations w/ shipping.

Charlie,
Care to share?

Been going on around me for over a decade. Great hard to find limited production allocated wines at below release prices. It’s a beautiful thing

unfortunately i don’t live in NYC, so not my place to share the locations that others have told me. they post here, so if they are inclined they can share it.

I’ve heard of Spruce selling from their cellar at a decent price in SF.

Any other San Francisco folks hearing of other restaurants doing the same?

Progress did, same as Manresa. Spruce’s pricing was kinda high, higher than retail

Some restaurants in nyc were selling their wines for retail or slightly below retail prices. It wasnt worth my time going out to them especially if I have to wait on line.