Restaurants selling wine carry-out at great prices...

there are from what i hear

Who has the largest cellar of Juge, I’m going to get on the phone tomorrow. [rofl.gif]

We’ve gotten pitchers of cocktails to go a few times

I got an email from a higher end restaurant pushing sales on their ~8000 bottle wine list. Prices were still above retail/auction. Pass .

Mind if I ask what you have been hearing?

I’d love any extra 2002 leftover too

If you like Caymus, $55,

If they posted that on Facebook it would be sold out in a day! [rofl.gif]

Nothing going on for NYC?

Minneapolis I could find only one wine shop with a decant sale right now. People in these tough times must be filling to pay full retail for wine.

A place in Houston has 08 Cristal for $140.

How is that still there? What is the tax in Houston on wine at a restaurant?

Any notes from Dallas? haven’t seen anything interesting yet.

One SB restaurant, Opal, is actually selling off some of their inventory. Additionally, they have even created a gofiundme page to ask for financial help in compensating their employees during layoff time. It’s a great heartwarming read Opal and OKU Employee Relief Fund, organized by Richard Yates

1 Like

Picked up a couple good things at Empire State South in ATL - '15 Dauvissat Chablis La Forest for $82, & '09 Prum Bernkasteler Badstube Auslese $46! He as pimping some '00 half bottles of Cristom reserve pinot noir for $22, too, among other interesting things. I think they blew threw quite a bit pretty quickly. Happy to help them get some cash flow!

local chop house went to 50% off the list and then to their cost
everyone’s trying to stay alive, but it’s obviously not easy

Our favorite Med gyro place has $5 growlers with food order.Mac&Jacks for me!

Back the truck up!

Sadly these deals will get significantly better as many smaller restaurants will get into financial distress. In crisis, people don’t sell what they want to sell as there is no market for it. They sell what they can sell. In this case, many restaurants have a lot of cash tied up in their wine collection. Only other assets they may have is the furniture and kitchen equipment. As someone said earlier, even at 50% off sales, they are able to break even on what is invested in wine.

If you have a favorite restaurant, it would be great to support them at this time. If you are looking for great wine deals, just wait as they will get much better. For those that may want to expand their wine collection by a decent amount, you could proactively contact a restaurant and work a private deal with them to buy a significant amount of wine from them at a very discounted price.

Can they ship?!

Doing Manresa take-out tomorrow evening. The sommelier suggested bottle pairing with dinner was $45 so we added that on. Won’t know the bottle until we pick up tomorrow…

-Joe

Can someone please pm me any restaurants in the Seattle area doing this?

Thanks!

+1

Don’t think we’ve even started to see the bad news yet. Last week was the first time we had real unemployment numbers reported in the US.