Restaurant Recommendations? - Granada and Sevilla

We have an upcoming trip to Spain planned. Have seen plenty of recommendations for Madrid and Barcelona. We will also be spending a few days in both Granada and Sevilla. Does anyone have any “don’t miss” recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Bump! Hopefully more suggestions 12 years later.
We’re also spending a couple nights in Malaga if any suggestions.

Sevilla is a wonderful, and stunning city. The food scene isn’t quite as high end as, say, Barcelona, but it’s still wonderful and offers a regional flair that’s unique to southern Spain.

Contenedor was a highlight of my trip in 2016, highly recommended for dinner. Make a reservation if you can.

There was another place we loved right across from the Cathedral that we stumbled upon and then returned to it two more times because it was great. Can’t remember the name, though! Google maps isn’t helping, so I wonder if it’s no longer in business…

There are some nice dining spots just across the river that look out on the water and the architecture. Abades Triana was one we enjoyed for lunch, and offers great views and while it looks very white tablecloth and expensive, it was actually fairly reasonably priced, at least it was 7+ years ago. Check out the Triana Food Market right nearby too, it’s a great spot to stock up on high quality and bargain priced saffron, olive oil, and all kinds of other Spanish goodies.

1 Like

In Sevilla, Bodeguita Casablanca.

1 Like

Reporting back!
Seville -
Tapas - El Traga, a bit fancy/modern, duck rice was delicious.
Tradevo Central was great, also slightly on the more upscale side but delicious food. Fun to sit outside, Seville is so lively at night! Amazing steak, they get great seafood as well and perfect simply cooks prawns.
Canabota - well, that was interesting. Highly recommended online, I think someone here called it a “temple of seafood”. Michelin star. My kids had a few different simply grilled and fried fish, and they said it was the best meal they had in Spain. My wife and I had the omakase tasting and it was the worst. Great quality fish but obscured by overly complicated preparations, unpleasant juxtaposition of temperatures, super heavy hand with bitter, briny, and fishy sauces… Some pulled it off, though you had to really like those flavors, and some fell totally flat. Even in the final course of simple grilled and fried fish, the grilled fish had an unpleasant bitter seaweed sauce on top. Not that I’m going back any time soon, but if anyone here goes, I highly recommend just ordering the various excellent fish and shellfish a la carte by weight and tell them to keep the preparation very simple.

Granada - lunch at our hotel (Hospes Palacio de los Patos) was delic

Glad you enjoyed it Ethan. Wish I had seen this earlier. We did Granada and Sevilla on our trip to Spain in 2022. Had a fantastic trip.