Report Back Here: 2011 red and white burgundy with/without Greenie Meanies (GMs)

You said it. I purchased 4 lots of Mugnier.

I would not pass on Mugnier.

I’m doing a tasting tomorrow night of several 11s with a group and will report back…

Anthony

Word up Anthony!

These are the 11’s I have tasted. Caveat. I am less sensitive to this than some.

Nico Rossignol

Chevrets no green
Roncieres no green

Hudelot Noellat

Vosne Suchots no green (absolutely stunning wine)
Vosne Beaumonts no green

Pousse d’Or

Volnay Bousse d’Or no green to me
Bonne Mares no green
Clos de la Roche no green

Mugneret Gibourg

NSG Chaignots no green
Chambolle Feusselots only the mildest hint of green that melds with air (very nice wine too)

Bertheau

Bonne Mares no green
Chambolle Amoureuses no green (very nice wine)
Chambolle Charmes a hint of green on the finish not obnoxious slight bitterness now

None in any of the whites I have tasted from …

Lamy
Sauzet
Pierre-Yves Colin Morey
Pernot

None in any of the wines I tasted during the London EP tastings in January although I did find the wines extremely variable from one day to the next at the time. None in a fourrier msd clos Solon this evening.

Shouldn’t the above wine have a “+” next to it, due to this?

Oooops. Now noted from post #16. Thx Scott and Kevin :slight_smile:!

Keep them coming guys. The first post is updated through post #48 now.

I’m opening a '11 Dujac CdlR on Friday. Will report back.

Wish I was there to partake [cheers.gif]!

Ditto. Great meeting you at Fu’s.

I didn’t taste any reds from Pernot. Only whites. I have never really been enamoured with the reds.

2011 Hudelot Noellat Bourgogne and Chambolle AC no GM (tho’ the CM a bit closed, which is ok).
2011 JP Brun Terres Dorees Brouilly-a bit of bell pepper, but does not stick out.

Thank you Jonathan for this.
I have bought very few '11s but will try to fill some holes.
If this thread ever makes it to page 2, I’m bumping it.

2011 Chandon de Briailles Bourgogne “Louise” - Minimal stems, but meh Bourgogne from a meh vintage. I don’t think there was GM, just kind of dilute. No one finished their glass.

2011 Mugneret-Gibourg Chaignots is negative for gm/pyrazine and I’m extremely sensitive to effect in 2004. There could be a faint undertone of under-ripeness in the aromatics of the wine however. There is substantial oak and baby fat in this wine and while it is drinkable, it is really a shame to drink it this early. I think this wine will be much more interesting in 10 years. Will try tomorrow as well.

Taking one for the team,
-mark

Thanks again guys - keep them coming if you can. Post #1 updated through post 57.

Thanks for the tasting note, Mark. This was one of the few '11’s that I spent some extra cash on to cellar.

Here’s another note:

http://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1306829#p1306829