Replacing a VinoTemp Compressor

Tomorrow I will be replacing the compressor in my VinoTemp 600E Wine Cabinet. I purchased it six years ago off of Craigslist for $300 and it has been great. Over the last year or so the compressor has run almost 24/7 and now it will only cool to about 60-61 degrees. Even though it is inside the house, I wanted to get the unit replaced now before the summer. I purchased their Wine-Mate 2500CD and it arrived the other day.

Any advice or things I need to know before I dig into this project? I’ll have to move most of the 486 bottles out of it to move it (it’s on carpet and on professional cabinet sliders so I might only have to take out 300 or so) from the location it is in to complete the exchange. Any tricks on making sure the seal is good on the gasket around the intake and exhaust?

Any help is appreciated.

I have replaced this cooling unit twice. I did not have to move the cabinet, I replaced it from the inside myself, basically removing the bolts that hold it to the top of the cabinet. Maybe my cabinet is different. Mine was the 440 bottle unit from Costco.

I did this last year on my 600e. As Mike mentions, just pull the bolts and drop the cooler down. Once the old cooler is out, double check the plywood/frame area on the inside back of the unit. You may need to caulk or re-glue some areas if it’s starting to separate (mine was).

Not sure what racking you have, but if it’s strong enough, you can rest the new cooler right on top of the rack before lifting it into place.