reminder: ship soon before WineBid upcoming shipping changes

Hi everyone, since this topic sparked a long thread before, I thought to just get ahead of it now and post directly here.

Tomorrow, we’ll be sending a reminder to all our Midwest and East Coast customers that if you want to take advantage of the subsidized shipping rates we’ve been offering to help you ship to yourselves, you need to schedule them to be shipped on or by Friday, January 3. The last auction you can purchase wines in for delivery using these discounted rates is the auction ending Sunday, December 29th, 2019.

Please call or email customer service as soon as possible to make sure we can help you get you your wines within the best shipping window based on temperatures and your personal travels in the next month. Christmas and New Year’s being in the middle of the week will also make shipping a little more tricky. We really want to help every single one of you get your wines exactly to your specifications, so please help us by calling or emailing as soon as possible- don’t wait to the last second! Weather and carriers can be unpredictable, and we are doing our best for you.

We know everyone is unhappy about the removal of the subsidization and that shipping rates will probably be going up with the major carriers for everyone across the country. The 2020 rates are still TBD but will probably be announced and implemented in mid-January. We are working on creating new options to help you ship your wines to yourself (including cold chain/climate controlled, Saturday delivery, alternative pickup locations, etc), but these are taking time, and some of them are more expensive, although better options for high value wines. You are also welcome to work with and designate a carrier of your own choosing- here are some of the folks we see our clients work with: Other Shipping & Storage | WineBid

We greatly appreciate your business and are working hard to continue to provide and improve the most convenient and cost-effective options.

Always feel free to ping me privately here, although the best way to get your wines scheduled and shipped is to call or email our hardworking customer service team during business hours Pacific time.

Happy tasting and sharing great wines for the holidays.

-Russ

Hi all, just FYI, we’re seeing significant delays from FedEx for east coast clients due to the weather over the past week. Even our rep from FedEx is having difficulty getting answers from their east coast terminals. If you have any questions about your shipments, our team will do the best they can to provide the information we are getting.

Given these types of delays and issues with the various carriers and weather, we’d again suggest you schedule your shipments to yourself as soon as possible, to take advantage of the subsidized rates until the end of the year.

Hope you are having a great holiday season.

Molly was helpful to explain so today. Thank you.

Posting this in several places on Berserkers: Hi all, hope everyone now has their shipments from WineBid (and everywhere else as well), and that everything arrived safely. It is my understanding that FedEx is reasonably caught up and the temps are ok (not great but not bad) around the country (still very location dependent!), so a great time to schedule shipments to yourself. We are open on Monday for shipping and again on Thursday/Friday of next week. As a reminder, the shipping rates that we are able to provide to help you ship to yourself will unfortunately be going up and adjusted in the middle of January. To take advantage of this, please make sure to email or call our customer service to get things ready to be shipped in the next two weeks, at your direction, based on weather, etc. Please check your online account settings as well!

Happy new year and new decade everyone!

IMPORTANT: Shipping rates are scheduled to change on Monday. Everyone should have received emails on Weds that you should be calling or emailing WineBid Customer service today or tomorrow to schedule any shipments before shipping rates change next week.

It is critical you email or call customer service service@winebid.com or (888) 638-8968 to do this. While I enjoy everyone’s notes and private messages here, I can not personally handle your shipping requests or follow ups, so please make sure to email or call Debbie, Molly and Brian to help!

Also important:

• Make sure to check your account settings, “weather permitting” is different than “hold until requested.” “Weather permitting” means between the temp is forecast to be between 20 to 80 degrees in Napa and at your delivery address. We are not able to adjust for predicted temps between/along the route. This has long been our practice and works for most customers. I personally recommend setting your account to “hold until requested,” so you can be more specific with what ships when, especially given your personal travels, weekends, holidays, etc.

• Make sure you have WineBid set as a safe sender in your email, make sure your important emails from WineBid aren’t going to spam!

That would save us a lot of money…on not only shipping, but also wine. Too late, however, given the five cases which I bought in December. pileon