Recent TNs: Marie Courtin, Dupraz, Huet, Godmé

• NV Marie Courtin Champagne Allégeance Extra Brut - France, Champagne (14.6.2018)
    Right after opening the nose is way more shitty than any Champagne I have ever had. I am not saying barnyard, I mean something man-made. With some time things get more civilized and the aromatics become fairly clean and about primary red fruit. On the palate very dry, notably bitter, very much about savory red fruits not unlike a light Sangiovese. Bordering on austere, not terribly charming or even fun but would probably work well with certain foods. One of the strangest Champagnes I’ve ever had.
  • 2015 Domaine Dupraz Le Moulin Vin de Savoie Apremont Montracul - France, Savoie, Vin de Savoie Apremont (14.6.2018)
    Bright and savory on the nose with notes of grapefruit, iodine and flint with a hint of honey. Quite mouth-filling, surprisingly rich really, with solid acidity that leads to a slightly bitter finish. Very dry yet with nice ripeness to it. Not very aromatic - almost Muscadet-esque in its expression - savory and minerally more than anything. Quite a lot of mouthfeel for its 11,5% ABV, I could see this standing up well to a number of foods. Nice saltiness on the finish makes it very satisfying.
  • 2016 Domaine Huet Vouvray Moelleux Le Mont - France, Loire Valley, Touraine, Vouvray (12.6.2018)
    Tasted alongside the 2016 Clos du Bourg Moelleux. Similarly to its brother very classic on the nose with notes of agrumes, honey and wool. The palate however could not be much more different as in comparison it has everything in spades: super expressive orange peel fruit, very lush and ripe and with the kind of acidity that makes the finish go on and on. Manages to be really flamboyant without being over the top. Really great with Bleu des Causses and Gorgonzola Piccante, however could handle even something a bit stronger.
  • 2016 Domaine Huet Vouvray Moelleux Clos du Bourg - France, Loire Valley, Touraine, Vouvray (12.6.2018)
    Tasted alongside the 2016 Le Mont Moelleux. A very classic nose with notes of agrumes, honey and wool. On the palate quite calm and collected with a reserved fruit expression and solid but mild acidity. Not that sweet at all with everything in great balance and really pretty if somewhat timid. Delicious and enjoyable all the way both on its own and with Bleu des Causses and Gorgonzola Piccante.
  • 2006 Godmé Père et Fils Champagne Grand Cru Brut Millésimé - France, Champagne, Champagne Grand Cru (12.6.2018)
    Started off extremely youthful, elegant and spry. After some time it began to gain more power and showcase some oakiness as well. Clearly has ways to go still but approachable already and very versatile, suitable for both the table and sipping on its own. Surprisingly linear and to the point, far from a bruiser. The dosage is quite ideal here.

Posted from CellarTracker