Recent red B’dy vintages that drink great now?

The two 2013s I was referring to were Dujac Chambolle and Gerard Mugneret Vosne Suchots.

I’ve drank a whole bunch of mostly village '13 burgs lately and they’ve been delicious. Most of the '13 I have is village and premier cru. I didn’t go too deep in GC; I’m not exactly sure how the '13 GCs will age, although I suspect they might be really good, but take awhile to mature.

I thought he took over in 2008? And the answer for me is yes, the wines are better.

Correct. 2005 is a great vintage but most of the ones I have had even recently are unevolved. 2010 is my favorite vintage of recent years. While the wines are much more user-friendly young and I am drinking a few, I want to hold most of the better wines for several more years. 2012-2016 are again vintages that I won’t be drinking yet. Anyone encouraging someone to drink higher appellation 2005s or 2015s right now are drinking vintage charts, not wines.

Me too.

Haven’t had a ton of 2006 Red Burgs, but Montille did quite a nice job with the vintage.

TTT

My current favourites for immediate drinking is 2007 and 2001.

Brodie

Barthod and M-G still have some uncoiling to do, IME.

The Fourrier 2006 have been great: Combe aux Moines, Champeaux Morey 1er and Morey vill… .
Mugneret Gibourg also not to mention Mugnier Chambolle vill and NSG la Marechale, Grivot villages…

Opened Ramonet Chassagne (red) village yesterday and it was really lovely, although a bit lacking in body and weight. (To calibrate this last comment: I prefer lighter reds …)

He worked the harvest in other places, started full time in 2010. The important thing is I like the wines now, have been a buyer since 2012 vintage and across the lineup from village to GC.

So did l’arlot

We agree on liking his wines, but for anyone wanting to know what vintages are his:

http://www.ficofi.com/chateau/domaine-hudelot-noellat

I believe this is also what he told me when I visited there this summer.

I had the Albert Morot Bressandes out of a 375 last night and was shocked at how happy it was to be out of the bottle and into the glass. I am not sure what its future life might look like but it was so pleasant last night that I doubt I will find out; the rest are now marked ready to drink

I stand corrected. Thanks Howard. I love his wines!

Me too. One reason I discussed this point was because I recently had a 2008 premier cru that tasted awfully good - esp. when you realize he was 20 years old at the time. Charles said that he thinks his 2016s are the best he has made - cannot wait to taste them at the Paulee (we had 2017 barrel samples when we visited).

I don’t know if I’d call it “great”; but, for its age (or lack thereof, rather), the 2010 Drouhin Clos de Bèze served during a Drouhin dinner a couple of weeks ago was drinking surprisingly well.