Recent red B’dy vintages that drink great now?

Yeah I had 07 and 06 champans about a month or so apart and the 07 was WAY better.

Idiot. Everyone knows you should only buy and drink 2005, 2009, 2010, 2015…

I’ve had great success with my 2006 M-G. I’ve also enjoyed Pavelot. I don’t have much in the way of other 2006s though. I did have a Esmonin CSJ a few years back that I liked, in her style.

Craig, what have you tried? The last one I had, M-G Vosne, was hard as nails. I’ve been under the impression that I’d have to wait for a good while on these. I do think it’ll end up being an awesome vintage for Clos Lambrays. I bought as much as I could from my usual suspects through the normal distribution chain.

BTW, 2013 is an excellent vintage for Beaujolais.

Another 2006 naysayer here. Hudelot-Noellat 2006s (Vosne & Chambolle wines) have been tough sledding.

Michael: yea 07s are fantastic for my taste. The ducaster was incredible. Sadly out of my reach now.

Nathan: thanks for the tip on MG. Yea 2013 Bojo are brilliant. Had Foillard CC the other day. Just spectacular!

I had Vosne Beaumonts and Clos Vougeot that were good, but no better. I’m less taken with H-N wines than many others seem to be, though.

Think Charles took over only in 2010. Don’t know if the wines got better since then.

+1
Had the Chevillon NSG recently. Booooring. The 2007 lineup is much better

I have had some very tasty 07s over the last months - contrary to some 06s which did excite me less. Village level 10s also quite good, though would wait a few years compared to 07s.

Both Fourrier Goulots and Dujac Charmes Chambertin 2006 were lovely…

2000 - Yum City
2007 - Likewise, especially Volnay (Had the D’Angerville “Taillepieds” last nite. Nice and minerally)
2009 - I find most have gained structure and not shut down.

TTT

Yum… the image of Autumnal makes me want a glass!

I agree with this on 09. Most good wines definitely tightened up in a good way. I look forward to popping my best ones in another 10 years.

Counterpoint on 2006: I had DRC Ech back in September and it was quite pleasant, if not earth-shattering. Also, I still think 02s aren’t ready yet (better 1ers and up, at least).

Wouldn’t open DRC, Roumier, or the like but lots of 2010’s are drinking right now, solid 1er’s and below.

Chevillon in particular I’d encourage getting in to. I dare say their NSG Village almost seems to be on the way down. 2 recent bottles with this result, and a 1er Perrieres was pretty dang open the other week. Kind of disappointed as I expected these wines to age twice as long or more, but in a way I’m happy to have wines that are ready.

Do I hear some cries on 2006? [thankyou.gif]

Yea Nathan idiots buy 2005, 2009, 2010, 2015 and will be looking at 2018.

The smarty pants buy 2011, 2006 and back up the truck for 2004! [tease.gif]

Gamay in a burgundy discussion, really? The duke should have banished it completely, we would have had more pinot.

Since the OP seemed to be asking which vintages are ready to drink, I assumed that Howard was answering that question, not saying that that all those vintages are necessarily first rate.

I’ve been having a lot of luck with 2001s recently.