Realm SVs and Absurd Feb 2, and big news

Who are “they”?

And what is “bought”?

Are hedge funds now invested in Realm?

Because Constellation just paid more than $300 million for the right to slap the name* “Meiomi” on their labels.

*Name, or marketing gibberish, or whatever.

I didnt realize that their allocations were first come first served. I hope they fix that part. The wishlist model of first come first served seems pretty fair to me. Realm is a great group of people and very responsive so i know that they will fix this issue.

And you’re accusing someone else of gibberish? That’s rich.

Congrats to Juan and the rest of the Realm team for a complete sell out in 48 hours.

Gibberish gonna gibber, homeboy: Barefoot, Cupcake, Fat Bastard, Menage a Trois, “J”, Meiomi.

It’s all just marketing gibberish to the suits who run Big Wine from afar.

Anyway, instead of speculating as to what might have transpired here, I figured I would search for a press release about it, and get the word straight from the horse’s mouth.

But all I could find with the keywords “Realm” and “Hartwell” was this little blurb in the cache of some of the search engines, which had once been posted at Yelp, but which apparently has been scrubbed from the Yelp database.

And since obviously this little blurb could be libelous, I won’t bother to type it up into ASCII text:

hartwell_realm_yelp.png

Has anybody received any wish listed wines yet? I know Realm was overwhelmed on this release but i logged in right at the open and wish lusted a couple extra. The wish listed items were supposed to be first come first served so… Just curious what has developed.

No wish lists - everything sold out.

Was there about a week ago - all current vintages were sold so had to taste library wines (Tempest, Farella, etc)…Still had a great time!

Thats crazy. Surely they held a couple back for me.

Only the 6 liters of Dr. Crane - hope you’re ok with that.

Talking about Realm, did anyone get any wish list items granted?

The 5 posts previous to yours has that question handled.

Not sure how I missed that, but thanks for pointing it out. I don’t know if I am happy or sad. I would love the extra wine, but not the extra bills.

Anyhow, congrats to Realm. Great customer service and fantastic wines. I am very happy for them and even happier to be a customer.