Realm Spring 2020 Release

The Futo Blanc SB was expensive $180/bottle :man_facepalming:t3:

I look forward to 19 Fidelio. Sounds like they made it a little different this time around.

I’m SO curious how the Futo SB sold. They sent a weird, offer is now closed email which I haven’t seen them do in the past. One of my friends has been a loyal Futo buyer since they got started, but even he was a hard pass at $180/bottle.

Me too. 3 pack only. $615 w/tax shipped. :open_mouth:
I even emailed them, basically asking, “Why so much”
I never heard back.

Order in!
2- Dr. Crane
2- To-Kalon

Would like to take the Houyi(maybe I go back later), but I did grab a few '18 Myriad Elysian when the offer hit.

That’s a strong offer Michael!

I’ve never had Realm but it seems to get high praise here. What would be a comparable wine? Myriad?

Scott - it’s good stuff! Myriad, Maybach, Carter, Schrader would be comparable I would say.

Does anyone buy the Moonracer? My allocation is up to 6 bottles this year along with 2 Houyi. Everything else is wishlist. Emailed the Realm team to see how long it takes to get a Dr Crane or To Kalon allocation and was told 5-7 years. Does that check with all of you getting Dr Crane and To Kalon allocations? Is it worth it to keep buying Moonracer just to maybe get an allocation of Dr Crane or To Kalon someday? Moonracer is good but other wines out there I’d rather spend $250 on.

Ive only bought the last 3 releases and I never max out. I only got 1 Houyi and 1 Moonracer. Don’t even have the option to wishlist the other big guns.

1 Crane / 3 BTK / 1 BTK mag here, wished for a bunch but no real expectations. Passed on Houyi, Moonracer, Fidelio as I am trimming down an ever growing accumulation.

Can’t speak to the current waitlist length, but 5 years ago it was 1-2 yrs for BTK and 3 years for Crane (even with a pair of visits to the new estate). It was also easier to pick up secondary market of both at reasonable prices back then. Even several years in, have not received anything more than 1 bottle of Crane (no wishlist grants). The BTK allocation has remained the same/increased slightly with some wishlist grants.

Please share your intel. Hopefully, they will blend in some semillon and muscadelle. That would be epic if Benoit made a bdx-style white.

My first time being offered Dr Crane and BTK - one each. Also was offered 6 Moonracer, 6 Fidelio and 2 Houyi.

Fidelio profile from Realm:

A burst of citrus, stone fruit, white flower, maybe a hint of guava. Great balance of richness and freshness. A precise wine with subtle but nevertheless intense flavors. Great mid-palate and plenty of density to indicate a serious, sophisticated wine.

Realm Context
A richer version than the 2018 but without the overtly tropical notes of some prior years. The wine is roughly an equal mix of Sauvignon Blanc from the Farella Vineyard in Coombsville and the Gamble Ranch in Yountville. Racy acidity with a kiss of sweetness.

I have an allocation of 6 Fidelio, 2 Houyi, 2 Moonracer and option to wishlist 2 (+1 mag) dr Crane and 2 (+1 mag) BTK if someone is interested. Can order and ship direct to you.

Full allocation available. PM for login

Not taking all my Crane, pm if interested

Decided to pass on this release, but I’m definitely looking forward to the 2018 Bard in the Fall.

Did anyone get wishlist granted? I got my no soup for you email today.

No soup for me either.

Got wish granted for 1 Dr. Crane and a Houyi mag.

Ich auch.