Realm Release

Allocated 1 of each and wishlist only for Dr Crane.

I had budgeted $800 for this release, but Moonracer pricing @$250 and wishlist only for Dr Crane wrinkled my plan a bit. Just took 1 Moonracer and 1 ToKalon. Wished for a couple of Dr C and an extra BTK…skipped the Farella and Houyi which I’ll probably regret if the wishlist items don’t come through…although I guess coming in under budget for once won’t be the worst outcome.

I’ve been buying TK for a few years now and the Crane last year as well as the blends. But I’m struggling with the price point – not just for Realm but for Napa cab in general. My plan for 2017 is to focus on Napa wines I love that are under $100 for the most part. Indecisive … but I have a few days to chew on it.

Interestingly I also got an offer for Di Costanzo’s 2014 Farella today ($95). Yes of course different wine makers and different styles, but this just reminded me that there are interesting Napa cabs at a price point I’m more comfortable with, barely.

I really love the wines, especially the Dr. Crane, but its not better than Spottswoode, nor does it have the proven track record of aging. Of course SW is creeping up there toward $200 as well. $200 is really the tipping point for me as I can go take down some serious Bordeaux at those price levels.

If I’m going to spend $200 plus on a California wine, this is probably as good as any.

Picked up 1 BTK, 1 Houyi, 1 white.

Do folks expect the blends to go up similarly later this year (~$25 / btl)?

How many bottles of Absurd was offered for the 2013 vintage?

man… i really really want some BTK, Moonracer etc, but $200-250/btl, that’s getting close to first growth pricing… i can get well aged, good vintage bordeaux for half of that… tough tough tough. but i have a week to talk myself into this.

I want to buy Bordeaux where Mark is buying Bordeaux.

I haven’t put my order in yet, I’ve had a few preliminary talks with my credit card that it’s going to hurt and it’s going to hurt bad. It isn’t inexpensive, but what they’re doing at Realm is as good as anywhere else in Napa.

Or better. [cheers.gif]

Expensive but great wines. So far, I have picked up:

2 2014 Beckstoffer Dr. Crane
1 2014 Farella Vineyard
1 2014 Houyi
1 2014 Moonracer
1 2016 Fidelio White Wine

Still deciding if I have enough $$ to pick up the ToKalon or any mags.

:slight_smile:. I’m not an experience Bordeaux buyer but as an example. The 2000 gruraud larose was about $110/btl from auction last month. Certainly totally different wine than realm but I’m just giving an example of a pretty decent bdx at half the cost.

I’ve really enjoyed all of the Realm’s that I have tasted which is only about 5. I got a chance to meat Juan and Benoit last year at a charity event and I must say they are great guys. I wish I could afford more!

Just made it to the list so I got 1 of each except the BTK and Crane. Wishlisted a bunch though, let’s see what I get, if any.

JF

Looks like wish lists were granted yesterday. I didn’t get a follow up email with invoice, but my credit card was charged and wines are listed under my account on Realm’s website.

Same here. Got my wishlist (Thank you REALM!!!) So when I saw the charge and didn’t get an email after awhile, I had to log in to see what was granted off my wishlist, but even then it took a few minutes because it wasn’t broken out separately.

Hey Clint,

Get any Dr. Crane?
Only got 2 extra Fidello =(

Hello everyone. We are quite humbled by the response to our release. We appreciate all of your support. We want to apologize for the glitch in the system. All wish list requests granted should have received a email with a invoice and charge summary but that was obviously not the case in some circumstance. We apologize for any confusion. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns. 707-967-0226. Have a great weekend. Juan

Wish list granted, but no Crane…thankful for what I was granted.

Better to get wine than emails.

Nada for me, but I only wishlisted Crane over the 1 allocated.
Any one got Crane as a wish?

I got Dr. Crane from my wish list.