Real men don't use Coravin

Couldn’t agree more. Gotta love (to laugh at) the “tough guy” wino sentiment.

I love this post! I nominate George to replace the dearly departed Bob Wood as President of the Wine Berserkers Curmudgeon Club. And . . .

Yeah if it were 1990 Petrus or DRC RC I’d abandon my principles in a heartbeat. But at least I’d feel shame.

When your host offers you some cheese, are you offended that he still has more of the cheese in his refrigerator? If he gives you a bowl of ice cream, are you offended that there is still more of the ice cream left in the freezer?

The host’s generosity or lack there of is what it is, but it’s certainly not a function of whether the wine being served is in 750ml increments or not.

I love this thread, especially this post:

real men don’t care if they don’t to drink the whole bottle other people pour for them.

Real men use the Coravin to subsidize with additional wines to the bottle, or two, that he’s already planning on knocking down.

Take Saturday night for instance. My wife and I had the '96 Ceretto Brunate and Marchesi di Grésy Barbaresco Martinenga Camp Gros to accompany our grilled lamb chops and to enjoy over the evening. But first, while I was making dinner and waiting for the reds to open, I had a glass
of 2000 Gaja Langhe Alteni di Brassica, which I was curious on how it was holding up. Then to end the evening, and accompany my cigar, we opened and finished the last 1/2 of the '91 Quinta Do Noval, which I had already CV’d a couple of glasses earlier in the week.

Hey Jeff,
Since it seems like you’re using the Coravin a lot, how long do the containers last you? How many glasses do you feel like you can actually get out of one?

Chuck Norris doesn’t Coravin!
image.jpg

That’s because Chuck Norris drinks Barefoot Moscato.

[stirthepothal.gif]

You are right, George. Why, just last night, I popped the cork on a 1949 Vogue Musigny VV, took a swig, poured the rest on the ground, and then spit out the swig that I took. I am a real man! Yeah!

MEN!!!

Chris,

Stop being so sensible! [snort.gif]

Yeah,

Classic!

ROFL, LMAO etc…

Wouldn’t have even bothered personally, unless it was at least a Magnum…

Real men laugh out loud at this thread.

But did you belch?

Yes, but not from the wine, which I spit out. The belch was from the four chili slaw dogs that I ate immediately before opening the Vogue…

No wonder you spit out the wine. It’s DRC, not Vogue, that one drinks with chili.

Dude.