Question..2005 Bizot Vosne-Romanee VV

Yep and I remember when Reignots was more expensive than RSV for the first time and we thought it was mistake!

Oh, I completely agree the price increase on the Arnoux-Lachaux wines has been absolutely precipitous, I just think in this case it has been management and marketing as much as somewhat random market forces, a la Bizot. I also know he’s getting more money directly, which is never something to complain about for producers who make really good wine.

Looks like chambers street wines sold 2018 vosne for $160. Morrell was the same.

I think the bulk of his sales are probably still through traditional channels, although I did snag a case of his 2019 wines from Crurated

the word I’ve heard from a few Asian and European sources is that demand has come from Asia and China which has cleaned up supply for reason I’m not clear on, but my best guess is the apparent connection with Lalou Bize Leroy

his removal from the EP system will further exacerbate issues

The thing with these culty wines is they’ve vanished entirely from the U.S. market. It’s impossible to find Arnoux/Bizot/Leroy/d’Auvenay (probably the four cultiest producers IMO; maybe you could add Comte Liger Belair) at any price in the U.S. market. Not that I’m seeking them out–I’m not–but I can’t recall that happening with other Burg producers to quite the same extent, or really with any other producers anywhere (perhaps w/ some micro-production Champagnes). It’s making DRC pricing seem reasonable.

Someone above mentioned Arnaud Ente. That’s one I really don’t get. I haven’t had Bizot or 18/19 Arnoux (I’ve had a fair bit through '17), but I’ve had a nontrivial amount of Leroy (before it went truly insane) and it’s indeed wonderful. I’ve had a fair bit of Ente–largely in Europe for cheap–and I just can’t fathom why it costs what it does. I don’t even like it that much. There’s so much White Burg for low three-digits or even two digits that I vastly prefer.

I’m staring at a local wine offer in southern California for the 2018 when it was released, Vosne was $90. Chambolle same. but nsg was 65

Those two retailers not exactly known for their great deals!

That makes sense. The C&B price was 390 pounds per 6 pack of the vosne and 290 for the NSG, I think. But it would have been very difficult to get 6 and likely impossible to get more than 6.

I’m not a buyer but I have seen plenty of fairly public email blasts whenever Leroy does a release. Probably helps that they are released basically at “market” price.

First of all I am surprised that there was not many threads here about Bizot ( I maybe wrong, if I do, please correct me).

Hi Johan…interesting comments. Bizot…does not need to think …they are Leroy and/or DRC. Bizot is the new Domaine Leroy and DRC in the South-East Asia red Burgundy market. Due to it tiny production ( unlike Leroy and DRC ) it is not difficult for a few extra-rich burgundy wine lovers in China to corner the Bizot market.

It is happening to Arnoux…in the last …one to two year.

We have an importer of Bizot wines inn Quebec, Canada and I was lucky to try them. It is 100% whole clustered and 100% new oak.

If you like them - May God Bless You. If you do not like them - you are lucky.

Here is someone who described his experience with a Bizot wine :

*Bizot - disproportionate wine-making artifice thrown at what are effectively non-terroirs which then results in impossible to find, insanely expensive wines. The perfect example of what is not a unicorn, rarity, and quality are truly separate dimensions

I mentioned Ente and personally I’ve never had a single bottle I’ve found remotely enjoyable.

truly fascinating reading.

For those who are interested.

J. Morris reported ( page 336 ) that Bizot’s generic Bourgogne - La Chapitre is now allowed to be labelled as a village wine : Marsannay La Chapitre …starting from vintage 2019. This means Bizot could have 2 Marsannay : CdRoi and La Chapitre.

I just checked Wine-Searcher : My Marsannay favorite producer : Audoin 2018 Marsannay CdRoi is listed at US $ 47 and Bizot is at US $3,370.00 ( no typing error here).

Here is my calculation : One bottle of Bizot Marsannay CdRoi 2018 for 6 cases ( 12 bottles each case) of Audoin Marsannay CdRoi 2018.

Here is an interesting observation for the wine trade in relationship with culture in the Chinese society. In the early or middle 2010s…the to-have ( or go-to ) French wine is the number One in 1855 classification : Lafite…specifically from vintage 2008.

It happened a few years back with Bizot…and …now is happening to Arnoux.

Bizot Les Jache 2016 was released here at CA $342 and Rousseau CdBeze 2016 was at CA $842.

I remember well an entertaining thread here where everyone scoffed when Arnoux raised the Reignots to $1,000 MSRP. Seems quaint now.

I am seeing Echezeaux 2018 for $3000 online… craziness!!!

Please crabbed as many bottles as you could. I just checked wine-searcher. It is at CA $8551 ( offered by GRW Wine Collection - CA USA).

If I may, you should never write “offered” when the price is that high… [rofl.gif]

Chinese politeness : offer = if you wish.