PSA: Kinda ridiculous Bonny Doon sale

Prices are great for quality CA wine, but I’ve never tried them. How would you guys describe the style?

I decided to wait until this morning to buy, should have pulled the trigger last night. Things are starting to get picked over. I guess this is going to save me a few hundred dollars (as I open up winex and crush wine to surf over morning coffee…)

Restrained, leaning toward Old World. Cigare is more restrained than most current release Chateauneuf du Pape and Gigondas.

I did a mixed case of 750s, and a mixed case of 375s. A little nervous on the Cigare blancs, but we’ll see, it was too cheap to pass up!

I got a mix of the Cigare, the reserve and the Syrah. Last night I popped a bottle of the 2012 Cigare I already had in stock. Such an approachable and welcoming wine.

Except that my local store had two of these vintages for $39.95 so less with no shipping.

Heading over today to go thru the picked over and left behinds. Bonny Doon is heading in a new direction which appears to be less Rhône based. Will get as much Syrah and as many 375s as I can.

I’m so weak. Had to go back for more. Le Cigare and X-Block at these prices won’t be seen again, I’d wager.

Thanks for heads up, ordered half a case!

Got a case of 375 Cigare Volant, and mixed case of Syrahs, pinks, and sparkling. To cheap to leave.

I cannot emphasize enough what an amazing opportunity this is. I can’t imagine anyone being disappointed.

I’m trying o save some $$$ for the upcoming Ravenswood sale or I’d go back for another case. I’m wondering what kind of pricing that offering may have though?

Yeah there was another nice sale this fall; between them I got 2 cases of 375 and made a dent in the first case already; perfect midweek wine.

That’s a good question. I’m in the same boat. The BD prices are so low, though, that it’s easy to grant it a special-case exemption and cognitively not have violated your vow to wait for the Ravenswood release. At least that’s what I’m telling myself.

In for 4 each of the 2012 and 2013 X Block Syrah. As Larry noted, Qupe’s X Block is world class, and generally any Bien Nacido Syrah is outstanding. Plus a coupon code knocked it down to $16 per bottle–crazy! Though I’m not getting the case shipping, but still . . . .

Just grabbed 24 half bottles. Impossible to pass up.

I’m getting a $138 shipping quote - is there a special code to use to get the $20 a case flat rate?

It should adjust (credit) on the final page if you have the right number of bottles. For me it didn’t count Magnums as 2 bottles.

I didn’t get the $20 rate…more like $37 GSO to NorCal. With the crazy low prices, though, I wasn’t gonna be miserly and inquire/complain. $138 seems crazy, though, and I’d inquire.

Their Syrah X-Block is the one to buy.
Tom

The one I had my eye on. What is it similar to from Cali?