PSA: Kinda ridiculous Bonny Doon sale

So many years since I have had his wines. How would you describe the style?

Honestly it hasn’t changed much. Restrained and a bit reductive on the reds. I love them.

Good sale prices, but I was honestly surprised at the regular non-sale prices they showed. Did people actually pay that much for Bonny Doon or did they inflate it to make the sale look better?

Why don’t more wineries do this rather than closing wines out on Garagiste? Why didn’t Scott Paul try this before selling their wines to Garagiste for pennies on the dollar?

I agree,but Bien Nacido Syrah for $20…count me in.

Nope…those were the original asking prices. Which is why they have inventory to unload. Actually, $60 for X-Block is a fair/reasonable price.
Tom

Thanks for the heads up Nate, took down a couple of cases for easy drinking stuff. I was surprised to see French oak chips listed on the Cigare Volante?

X block is killer - the same block that Qupe had historically used for their best and most age worthy syrah.

If you want something completely different, get a bottle or two of the older rose aged outside in demijons for 9 months.

Cheers.

I am lucky to live in the area and will head down tomorrow morning to see what is left! Agree that the X Block is worthy juice - had it at the tasting room last month for a local school fundraising event. I think I paid $50 for a bottle and thought it was worth it. For the sale price I am planning to stock up.

Cigare halves for $10 a pop are way too good a deal to pass up. Picked up some X-Block and Semillon to round it out. Thanks a ton for the heads-up.

In for a case split between sparkling and semillon. Really curious about the semillon- notes say to hold for 15 years. Sparkling at $14.40- can’t go wrong.

For people who haven’t tried the Cigare Reserve that’s aged in glass vessels, it’s fantastic. Each time I try it side by side with the regular Cigare, I’m surprised at how different it is and how much I prefer it.

Oh, and those prices are amazing. Way below wholesale. I generally find these wines a bit overpriced, but at these prices, I’m extremely tempted.

Thanks Nate, picked up two cases of mixed wines including six of those Le Cigare Volante Réserve “en bonbonne”. I look fwd to those, maybe a Thanksgiving Day bottle.

At these prices and the breadth of the offering I hope Randall is OK

Picked up a mixed case of the x block and Le Cigare Volant Réserve “en bonbonne" with $20 shipping. Thanks for the heads-up!

I asked him. He said that it’s basically just business. Too much inventory, needs cash flow.

Quite the head spinning selection on site. Was lucky to get there when they first opened. You had to buy by the case but could mix it up so it took them awhile to pick and then price. Scored a 3L of the 2013 Le Cigare Volant Réserve. Used the excuse of “I will buy it for friends” to purchase way too much :slight_smile:.

I heard a similar comment from the gal working the front table - they just needed more space for new stuff and this was the first time they had gone through the warehouse to do “house cleaning”. Quite the opportunity. Hope everyone enjoys.

Bought 2 2014 X Block Syrah, 2 2016 Cigare Volante enbonbon, and 2 Semillon.

Never had Bonny Doon before so excited to try and at these prices a no brainer.

I don’t need any more wine, have no room for any more wine, but…ended up with a mixed case of X-block and Bonbonne.