Problems with Laurent 2006's

From the start red half way up the cork but wines OK.

But now red up the full cork and mold on top.

Opened a Charmes-Chambertin in was off slightly did want to drink.

Opened a Clos Vougeot was ok-2nd day not as good.

Today opened a Clos de Roche OK taste. All three were lighter than expected

With leakage I would suggest to drink them up.

Mould on top seems to be a constant with Laurent’s wines. I have often wondered whether it’s due to some proprietary process. It doesn’t seem to harm the wines in any way.

I opened the Clos de Vougeot Vieilles Vignes a couple of months ago that was quite good. No problems here

Out of curiosity, where did you get your '06s, John??

Robert:

PC. Only problem with corks in 13 vintages.

Tom:

I’ve had good luck with most Laurent corks-very clean.

I also got mine from PC without any cork issue.

• 2006 Dominique Laurent Bonnes Mares - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Bonnes Mares Grand Cru (9/29/2012)
    I am not much of a terroirist but it is fascinating how Bonne Mares expresses masculinity and boldness where Musigny expresses tension and incredible inner energy not unlike Batard vs Chevalier.

This is a very good expression of Bonne Mares. It is a masculine and bold in structure yet beautifully perfumed and warm in nose. Beautifully perfumed, dark cherry, strawberry and rhubarb tart, earth, toast/oak and dark spices. The palate is firm and precise with noticeable tannins. The expression is mostly secondary and open for business with generous fruits. Perhaps it is not polished and sophisticated for a Bonne Mares. A few more years will bring additional tertiary flavor. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I had the Clos de la Roche in Paris recently- no problem, in fact, quite stellar.

I wasn’t saying the mould is a problem-more of a feature.

I opened a 2006 Mazis and Charmes tonight which I purchased from PC several years ago. Both of the wines were excellent ( but would clearly benefit from a few years in the cellar). I’m not sure what the wines might have tasted like on day 2, as there was no way that they were not going to be consumed on day 1.