President’s Day Weekend - 30A Area Florida (Gulf Coast)

Saturday Feb 17
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Hosted by myself and @Aubrey_Craig

We will either get together at a private residence on the Gulf of Mexico or arrange for a group table at a restaurant depending on numbers/capacity. FWIW February is a great time of year to be here. The weather is quite temperate (like 60s/70s) and it’s before tourist season,

Food Cost: Expect something in the neighborhood of $150-250 depending on restaurant/private chef. If we do a restaurant, unlimited corkage will be included in the pp cost.

Menu: Traditional multi-course fine dining menu to including surf and turf proteins. Veg option would be available with notice. Allergy info appreciated in advance.

Wines: Each person (I.e. 2 bottle minimum per couple) must bring at least one bottle of wine which should reflect your passion for wine and generally be considered a benchmark of the type (location and varietal). We’ll want a good mix of varietals, so let’s plan to coordinate and make sure we don’t end up with 20 bottles of red Bordeaux and nothing to pair with the scallops. Understanding that everyone has different aging preferences, please aim for wines in their generally accepted “ideal” drinking window (i.e. please don’t bring a bottle of 2019 Lafite unless it’s a bonus bottle to try for science).

Attendees + Wines (will update as commitments are made):

Justin Goodman (+1) - 2010 Leflaive Batard Mag + Champagne of some kind
Aubrey Craig (maybe +1) - Wine TBD
Scott McDonald - Wine TBD
Todd Sellers (+1) - Wine TBD
Charles Hetzel (+) - Red Bordeaux/Napa

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I’m not going to be able to attend, Justin.