"Premium" Winery Release Offerings Taking Longer to Sellout

I know the topic of pricing is talked about here a lot. Something I’ve started to notice is that alot of wineries ( Napa, ect) that used to sell out within hours are now taking several weeks if not longer. Most of these wineries are in the $200+ price range( Dalla Valle, VV, Diamond Creek, there are a ton of others out there) which has certainly pushed my comfort envelope as a consumer as the pricing continues to rise. I do have a select few that I make exceptions for ( KE, Bella Oaks, Pipe) it’s enough to count on one hand as I’ve started to look elsewhere for value which sounds like a recurring theme these days especially when it comes to Napa.

I wonder from a wineries perspective do they think about price escalation and long term effects on the brand/business.

Just my two cents as we all navigate this crazy hobby

1 Like

They’re just getting too expensive and many of these “premium” producers like the ones you mentioned can be found at retailers (albeit at a higher price).

There is an over abundance of really good/great Napa wine below $200 so you definitely don’t have to spend $200+ for a great wine.

Of course there are special projects like Kinsman Eades and Bella Oaks that are worth the price (incredible winemaking at every level).

2 Likes

Would concur thoroughly with your thoughts along with your exceptions (assuming Pipe is Roy Piper)!!

1 Like