Premier Cru Master Complaint Thread (MERGED)

So it sounds like any day now?

1 Like

My understanding is that they have to submit the final order to the US Trustee and await approval which can take a couple months, but maybe one of the lawyers with better knowledge can respond. Upcoming holidays wonā€™t help.

-Al

2 Likes

Hearing on Trusteeā€™s final application for compensation is scheduled for Feb 9.

Looks like the compensation on remaining unsecured claims will be 9% (just slightly above 9%).

-Al

Checks have been mailed. Got mine today. Priority claims paid 100%, btw.

3 Likes

How did you manage to get a ā€œpriorityā€ claim? Was it for wine?

If your claim was under a certain amount (think it was $5K or so) and it was for wines that you did not receive, you could file your claim as a priority claim.

1 Like

I think that was discussed above. A lot of people could have filed as priority claim but didnā€™t. Trustee suggested they should be converted to priority claims, judge said no.

-Al

FWIW, I think the only checks that were mailed were for priority claims. There is the hearing mentioned above on Feb 9 to discuss the Trusteeā€™s Final Report and proposed compensation.

-Al

1 Like

Looking back at posts from July 2019, the upper limit for priority claims was $2775. If I recall correctly, my claim was just over $3k and did not qualify.

1 Like

The Trusteeā€™s final report is online and it has the proposed payout amounts. 9% as Al has said.

BK Website

1 Like

Looking at the final report, itā€™s amazing how many people had claims of exactly $2775 and were paid %100. If I had any inkling about what was going on, I should have revised my claim, as it appears many others did.

can someone post a link to the report?

Sorry ā€¦ see its above

Obviously not a bankruptcy expert here, but can anyone point to a list of what one would expect to get (if anything)?

The report linked above has a list of what everyone is proposed to receive. For the smaller number of priority claims, 100% albeit some of them reduced claim to qualify as priority. Those people should have received their checks, or will, soon. For the unsecured and non-priority, 9% of unpaid balance.

-Al

9%ā€¦ I guess would be found money. Could buy a few bottles to celebrate the memory of my stupid purchases that never showed. Do I have to do anything ?

1 Like

No, donā€™t have to do anything if you filed a claim. There is a hearing in early Feb for claimants to dispute the terms (which I doubt will be successful since most folks with good lawyers have already disputed). Then it goes for final approval from the Trustee (higher up), then they mail the checks.

Anyone who has moved and not changed address still has time using process noted earlier.

-Al

Is there any news on what happened at the 9 Feb hearing? All I see on the docket is the order for payment to the trustee ā€¦

I suspect that was the topic.

-Al

1 Like