Premier Cru Master Complaint Thread (MERGED)

I got an official settlement check today. Watch your mailboxes!

was postage more than the check?

We received a check for my FIL from a settlement with the power company in South Carolina the other day. Check made out to him for $0.67

Blockquote was postage more than the check?

Slightly. The % settlement was in the range noted above in the thread.

Mine arrived today! I have to admit, I expected to see nothing from this. Instead, I received something just under 10 cents on the dollar.

Wonder how his supervised release is going . . . .

I got my check today - $2,300 - so basically a bottle of village Marsannay made by a cousin of a cousin of a winemaker that you might have heard of. But seriously, surprised to see it after all these years.

Got mine today as well. 9 cents on the dollar, but at this point, Iā€™m just glad to move on.

Mine arrived yesterday. End of a very long saga.

-Al

1 Like

My check showed up. I find myself thinking about the Pegau and Bosquet des Papes that I would have rather received. My loss was peanuts compared to some though which is very small comfort indeed.

1 Like

My wines were Pegau and Chapotier Les Granits Blanc.

-Al

I love the Granits Blanc. A 2011 sampled recently was outstanding.

1 Like

Got my check today. The best irony is the bank that the check is drawn onā€¦Signature Bank!

4 Likes

Sameā€¦ a check drawn on Signature Bank!!! Any idea if it will clear?

Iā€™m sure it will clear. Is funny, though.

-Al

So i lost a mag of mouton, yquem and some cristal. To get anything back was there a class action?

U had to file a claim with the bankruptcy trustee.

Per the reports here, the payout was 9 cents on the dollar.

Not sure but some people intentionally limited their claim to ($2,000? $3,000?) as that was the threshold for a preferred payment at 100%?

You also had to file (or re-file) as a priority claim.

-Al

1 Like

The upper limit for priority claims was $2775 and they were paid 100%. Looking at the number of claims for exactly that amount itā€™s obvious many adjusted their claims. Unfortunately, I wasnā€™t knowledgeable enough about the process to lower my claim and that cost me close to $2400. Still, small potatoes compared to many.

1 Like

Glad to hear that you guys are finally receiving some money.

I lost a b of DRC RC.

1 Like