Pre-Berserkerfest I NO CABS Dinner - Friday 8/14, Napa

Super.
[thankyou.gif] [worship.gif]

7:30???

I’m thinking either people are flying in and might need a bit extra time, or that people will be tasting in Napa/Sonoma and need a bit of downtime before dinner.

Let’s see what Redd says (if anything) and then we’ll have a baseline understanding of our options.

Sign me up for this one. I should be up there sometime Friday afternoon.

Glenn

Redd is a no-go.

So it is Hurley’s or Rutherford Grill.

Anyone have a strong preference? Samantha do you want to see if Hurley’s will do something for us?

I’ll run over to Hurley’s this afternoon and talk to Bob.

[thankyou.gif]

So the BYO at Hurleys is a community table wine thing. Everyone opens a bottle and leaves them out on a community table for anyone at the restaurant to walk up and try. I didn’t realize that is how the event is organized…

Another option… Cindy’s Backstreet Kitchen in St. Helena is $15 corkage fee per bottle. Pretty reasonable.

I’m almost positive I can get corkage waived at A.K.A Bistro in St. Helena

There’s an echo in here neener

A.K.A.'s fantastic! Sounds good to me!

Will,

With the luck you are having with our “Napa Valley” restaurants, you might want to consider Zinsvalley. They are always good to work with. If it continues the way its going you are going to wind up with Round Table Pizza at our place. [help.gif]

There is always a few tables open at Taylor’s Original for A&W and Pork Roll.
[whistle.gif]

seeing as how i work there I might have a little say…

Jeff, my +1 is not going to make it, so please open a spot
thanks

If AKA doesn’t work, Rutherford Grill has no corkage and does not take reservations. I can get there early and have a drink at the bar, say 6:15 and put our name in for 7. Market in St Helena also charges no corkage and they have amazing food.

William, please check with AKA. [thankyou.gif]

Rutherford is great but with no reservations on a Friday and a group of 9 I’m worried we may not get seated until midnight.

People really go for that? newhere

So I can put a bottle of 1985 Guigal La Landonne there, someone can come up and get themselves a healthy 8oz pour and walk away? Leaving me their Beringer White Zin?
[swoon.gif]

Bottle swap your La Landonne with a Two Buck Chuck. We will drink the good wine out of the TBC bottle and we also get the enjoyment of watching as others gush over the La La bottle with some fine Fred Franzia juice. flirtysmile

i like Mike’s style! i am up for whatever as this is going to be my whole Berserkerfest. sadly back to salt mines for me Saturday AM, fiscal reality of this economy.

I just went ahead and made reservations at Market in St Helena for 7pm for 10 ppl. All of the ingredients are from local organics farms, and they have ZERO corkage!!! Food is really good and the building is beautiful http://www.marketsthelena.com/