Potential Wineries to Visit in Napa

Last time I visited Napa we stayed within walking distance of Hall. Went there because it was close and I’ve had Kathryn Hall before. I agree it was OUR least favorite as well. Our host was bragging to the other host how much money he made off of customers right in front of us. They have a contest going on. It’s sad, superficial, tasteless, and unprofessional. We are going to Napa again soon and will definitely not go back due to that behavior.

I’d love to hear about your Futo visit. Was it worth the time?
Oakford Vineyards was a favorite winery back in the day. I found some of their older bottles ‘87-92 and absolutely loved them. Then I couldn’t find them after the ‘98 vintage.
Tom & Kyle Futo bought it & ive been buying it again since the 2006 vintage.

One of my favorite wine nights ever at our house was drinking the ‘87 & ‘97 Oakfords and the 2007 Futo!

My favorites over our last couple Napa visits were:

Chappellet
Cade
Alpha Omega

Some great recommendations on this thread, I’m taking notes for next time we get out there!

1 Like

Going in August, does Myriad/Quivet (i.e. Mike Smith wineries) do tastings? William and Mary?

We’re doing both in June.

Contact Leah re Myriad and she will set you up—we’re tasting at the Heron House in Yountville.

Get a hold of Will to get set on W&M. We’re schedule to meet him over at Mending Wall.

1 Like

Thanks!