Portugal in August

Hi

Thinking of doing 10 days in Portugal in August with 6 year old twins. Lisbon, Porto and Douro valley. Just wanted to see how’s the weather from those that have been there in July/ August.

I can’t speak to the weather but if you need any recommendations here to help, spent 10 days working my way down to Lisbon and had an incredible experience.

You’ll see highs in the mid 80’s, average (a little cooler in Porto). The further inland you go, the hotter it will be (it can get extremely hot inland)

1 Like

The coast will be relatively cool. Inland it gets hot. The Douro will routinely get 30-35 degrees.

2 Likes

I have visited in October with around 23°C temperature, moderate crowds, and the grape harvest season. I remember the local guide told me Lisbon is around 29°C average in August, while Porto is a bit colder at an average 24°C. Weather is hot and dry during summer, this is the peak tourist season, and the beaches along the Algarve coast become popular for sunbathing and water sports. Festivals and outdoor events are also common during this time, like Festa da Coca in Northern Portugal in August. You can send Marisa a message here https://gowithguide.com/portugal/guides if you have further queries.

1 Like