POLL: Your Favorite Cheese

I think along the same lines as you w/r/t cheese and red wine … i typically go for parmesean, romano, pecorino, manchego (probably my favorite red wine cheese), asiago, aged gouda, aged jack, etc… you get the picture.

A slightly stinky cheese, such as Morbier, can go very well with a CdP or villages Burg, imo.

I love Ewephoria.

J

No love for La Tur?

Whole Foods has one of the better cheese selections locally. I asked for Parmagiano Reggiano and the woman at the cheese counter directed me to the grated Parmesan near the pasta.
[suicide.gif]

I voted Other – my favorite is sottocenere. I’ve rarely found a better wine cheese; it is epic with a low-level red Burg with a little funk on it.

You beat me to it; one of my current faves (although I’ll never say no to a good Epoisses).

Bruce

nums

Good call Tom; there’s not a better truffle cheese out there than sottocenere.

Another missing note for reblochon…(among others)

Cheers!
Marshall

Got to loving Carmody from Bellwether Farms, in Sonoma County. Delicious, buttery, slightly nutty,fresh cow’s milk taste.
http://www.bellwetherfarms.com/userfiles/file/Carmody.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

French Cheese promotion you’ll want to see:

French Cheeses Get A Pin-Up Girl Calendar (VIDEO) | HuffPost The World Post" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;