POLL: Your Favorite Cheese

PURPLE HAZE

What, no toe cheese?

I did add-in EZ Cheese (sic), which kind of falls into that family.

Pictured is our CEO’s joke he played, regarding our Chairman’s contribution to last year’s Thanksgiving potluck. Cute.

Mmm . . . put whole Tricuit in mouth, fill mouth with Easy Cheese. Yummo!

Seriously flawed poll - one vote for “other” being Whiz. Had some today at lunch on a Tat’s cheesesteak. [homer] mmmmmm, cheese steak whiz wit… glllghllglmmm [/homer]

Eric,
[winner.gif]
that’s really a great idea and when you finish that you can start on CoffeeTracker. When will these be finished ? I’m sure Todd won’t mind integrating them as well.

Had no trouble voting for four, but some omissions that I love:

Bucheron
Etorki
P’tit Basque
Cantal
Leerdamer

A couple of those (Bucheron and Cantal) I would think should make the list if not win any popularity contests :slight_smile:

Impressive list, Veronica [welldone.gif]

Epoisses, Raclette, Truffle, Cheddar (although, to be specific, have particular affinities for cheddar cheese curds and Double Gloucester)

Damn, late to the party. Michel already grabbed toe cheese! [basic-smile.gif]

Different cheeses have different applications. Too hard to choose what’s ‘best.’

I confesss, I had never even heard of Epoisses. At least not that I remember. After Googling it, I will have to try it.

Nah. Do CoffeeTracker first; that way you’d finish them both quicker.

(Good poll BTW; but rather Eurocentric.)

You can eat it with a spoon! Great stinky cheese.

Quote from Wikipedia:

Its odor is so strong that reportedly it has been banned from French public transport.

If you can’t find it locally, try fromages.com.

consume at room temperature … and get ready to fall in love flirtysmile

Gouda is listed twice, could effect results…

So is St. Andre. Guess this blows my career with Gallup.

Probably, but Rasmussen thinks you’re golden. [shock.gif]

My three favs…

Tomme de Savoie

Beaufort

Pont l’Eveque

[rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]

When I die and go to heaven, (Ok, not likely), I expect mountains of Humbolt Fog.

Thanks for the shopping list. I forgot about half the cheeses on this list and others I never heard of.

Would enjoy opinions on particular cheeses that go with various red wines. Yes, I have the “cheese” books, but I would like to hear personal opinions and recommendations of specific cheeses. I am partial to harder cheeses that go with bigger red wines. I love 4 year old Gouda , but I don’t like cheeses that are too “stinky” or overpowering. Any ideas? Anyone ? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?