Poll: What Is Your Most Frequent Reaction When You Open Your Cellar(tracker)?

Man I got up my insurance! [wow.gif]

[flirtysmile.gif]

I don’t have that much wine that I did not make. When I open my wine cabinets, I think “Where is that XXX bottle - I don’t think I drank it!” Or, “Where did THIS come from? I thought I drank that one!”

CT or any other tool is not going to help the fact that I detest recording my personal inventory/consumption. Too much like work.

I went with “I’m really happy with my collection as it stands right now,” because that probably is my most frequent reaction, with “Damn, I have a lot of wine!” following in a close second. I do plan to continue to buy and expand my collection, while fine tuning, filling in gaps of categories that I like but are underrepresented, and improving the average quality of what I have. I should have plenty of years ahead of me for all of that, though, and overall, I am really happy with the collection I have now considering that I haven’t been at this all that long. Instead of focusing on what I want to buy in the future or wish I could afford now, I think about the fact that I have a lot of nice wine already, and most of it (barring corked bottles, oxidation, and opening some too early or late for my preference) will provide me, my friends, and my family with a lot of pleasure in the future.

I think the last 15 years of Wil Sel allocations has finally done me in…

So the choices for the poll have been changed days later, eh?

lol That’s how i feel