Poll: What Is Your Most Frequent Reaction When You Open Your Cellar(tracker)?

I’m so glad my wife doesn’t know my password.

PS need to put it in the will for her just in case.

Yup

Just finished a complete inventory and “damn, I have a lot of wine”.

What’s Cellar(tracker)?!?!

1 and 5

Plus: “I can’t find anything”

“It’s an investment, not a luxury!”

I didn’t really spend all this money. I just converted liquid assets into other liquid assets.

“I have more wine than a place to properly store it all!”

Ditto.

That’s not my reaction to CellarTracker, its my reaction to my living room.

I have filled just about every nook and cranny in the side by side Eurocaves and the Avanti. Now to find a place for the mixed case of tercero that arrived on Tuesday.

This!

I’m going to do a poll for me and the three other wine people in the world that don’t use Cellar Tracker. Its going to be about our reaction to all of your little polls about the all the cool things you can do with Cellar Tracker. Mostly I’m like:

FWIW John, I put “tracker” in parenthesis, so people the 4 of you could participate. When you open your cellar, what say you?

+1. Except you left out HDH and K&L.

It’s weird that no matter how much wine I buy there are always gaps/holes/missing vintages/missing regions that I’d like to fill.

I love you man!

With around 990 to just over 1000 btls during shipping season, I’d be lost without CT. I have no idea how guys with more than 250 btls can keep track without it. I love the tool!

[cheers.gif]

I’m one of those 3. It’s too tedious to keep inventory. It’s a hobby, and strict record keeping would be too much work and sap the fun out of it. Besides, with only 330-ish bottles, I’m a relative lightweight. Once our remodel is done, I’ll have it all on one wall in one room - rack and refrigerators. Easy peezy! [cheers.gif]

Manual is doable with 300 btls.
OTOH,

1. CT helps me make better buying decisions knowing exactly what I have now.
  2. Prevents me from drinking a wine too early unless I want to.
  3. Helps me keep track of a wines progress as I drink them up.
  4. Keep track of what others are paying for a wine and sourcing it.
  5. Keep me aware of how much I’m spending per month, per year etc
    …And dozens of other useful / practical /fun data points like what my buddies are buying and drinking.

I voted but would have liked this as an option… I need to go shopping !