Please tell me about Fait Main wines

Great winemaker using great grapes. Seems like a winning combo. CT reviews are strong too.

Dead at retail

Sleeping Lady and Las Piedras Vineyards…tough to go wrong with either. Benoit gets a bit overlooked. Kata and Jack Quinn are amazing Cabs as well. Grab some 3packs next week when it opens.

This made me laugh out loud. [cheers.gif]

Dead where YOU shop!

By signing up. How else? But having signed up and presumably having some sample product, he’s in a better position to tell us about it than the other way around.

1 Like

Same winemaker as Realm. Full throttle, dark fruit. I looked at some of the reviews on CT and the words “unctuous” and “super-ripe” were frequently used.

Nuff said. [cheers.gif]

because signing up for a mailing list and buying wine are the same thing champagne.gif

For all the smart-asses, I have the same question. I signed up based on praise for the winemaker on this board, received my first offer yesterday, but have never had one. So if anyone has insights on the wine, I would like to hear them.

[Edit]: Just saw Joe’s answer above - thanks! That’s not usually how I hear Realm wines described, but often one person’s “unctuous” is another person’s “lean.”

Las Piedras is going to be replanted so get your fix now.

1 Like

In all seriousness, you may have signed up since this is the label of Benoit Toquette.

I am a huge fan of the wines. I do think they differ enough from Realm that you are buying something unique.

I love Familiar Air. For me, it’s at the top of my list of QPR from Napa. For $100, it’s a lot of wine.

As noted, the single vineyards are sublime. I prefer the Sleeping Lady (I buy and drink other LPVs that I like more, but that’s personal taste).

What? You’re gonna need to elaborate on this horrible piece of news

Signing up how many times?

RT

I followed up, as I heard this news a few months back, and they have backed off these plans! Good news.

Already placed my order for the Las Piedras. It is a beautiful wine, and I’m very excited for the 2016 vintage.

How many bottles do they have at Binny’s?

I gave a complete and thorough answer on your other Fait Main thread.

It’s not on the Fait Main thread you started that devolved into fighting, but the other other one.

As many as necessary and no more.

These wines are special. I especially love the Las Piedras bottling. Its a more refined and toned down version of the vineyard, and I prefer it much more to the other options at Vice Versa, Paul Hobbs, etc.

Also nice to see that the price stayed constant over the past year. In this day and age where NapaFlation is running amok, its a welcomed change. The only thing that annoys me is they use shipping as a profit center. There is no way it should cost $92 to ship 9 bottles from Napa to San Diego via Fedex Ground. BULL$HIT