Pinot Vs Pot

They are small and isolated but everywhere. My SO is ITB in Sonoma and these grows are an annual issue, it may be a stretch but NDVI images from drones are looked at as much for signs of these grows as they are for vigor/vineyard balance. I’ve heard stories of DEA having to come in and raid Monte Rosso, so if the grows can infiltrate there you can rest assured they are about everywhere.

This is true, and not only that they announce which dispensaries were selling said pot.

Many growers are growing in large pots above the ground with purchased potting soil. Its likely more about climate than soil.

Can’t we all just get along?

OK. We`ll change the thread title to read Pinot AND Pot.

Then the idea of using desirable acreage well suited for wine grapes to grow pot makes even less sense. Grow the pot down the road where no one wants to grow grapes, but has similar climate.

Then the idea of using desirable acreage well suited for wine grapes to grow pot makes even less sense. Grow the pot down the road where no one wants to grow grapes, but has similar climate.

If a vineyard has already absorbed the sunk costs of preparing it for being a vineyard then why sink new costs into clearing new land? It’s a math problem at this point isn’t it? Buy for x or buy for y and the compute your land acquisition costs/clearing costs/planting costs. Seems to me that converting a vineyard into pot would be cheaper than converting virgin ground into a field for planting pot.

But the soil isn’t what they’re after (according to John). So maybe aside from irrigation and already being cleared, what does existing vineyard land offer a pot farmer that other nearby land wouldn’t? What a shame to take good vineyard land and turn it into a pot farm that doesn’t even rely on the terroir (assuming that’s at all important to growing pot).