PDX, December

I’ll bring an older Belle Ponte Murto and something else. Sadly all out of older Evesham wood chardonnay

Sounds like fun. Mind if I join? As of right now, I am free that evening and I’m not on call but my schedule could change.

Yes please! Open invite to all!

Nice… I was corresponding independently with Nicholas but I am happy to piggyback here. I’m in… not sure if my wife will come due to the new baby but I will ask. I can’t go crazy as I have a very early morning the 17th, but I look forward to it.

See you there!

Perfect! CellarTracker says I have a 2010 Lenne Estate Pinot Noir Eleanor’s 114 but on first glance I don’t know where it is. If I can find it, I’ll bring this and a 2007 Crowley Maresh Chardonnay.

swoooon. that Crowley should be rocking.

Menu looks great at Smallwares and the lineup of wines sounds delicious as well. Sadly I’ll be up in Seattle for showings all week. Maybe next time, cheers and happy holidays gents champagne.gif

-Todd

Hey Nicholas-- thanks for bringing these Burgundies…sounds great. I don’t, no offense, know much about your winery. Can you tell us a little about the wines you are bringing? Which vineyards? Your winemaking style, etc.

Also, was there any particular Oregon vintage you were curious about?

We would love to join at smallwares. Is there room for the 2 of us?

We will be bringing a local pinot and chardy…haven’t decided what yet.

Nice Joe, it will be good to see you again. As for smallwares, my wife will be coming along as well. Sounds like we’ll have some swell tipple, and we will contribute accordingly.

Yeah, room for you all. I’m going to move us to the bar, so we can spread out.

Is anyone keeping track of who is coming? It would be nice to have an idea… I have my wife Colleen with me now and her father Phil. So we will be 3.

I had to fight a bit but I saved a bottle of each wine that we still have available from our 2013 vintage for our tasting. The wines are the following,

CHARDONNAY
Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru ‘En Remilly’ 2013
3.5 Barrels | 881 Bottles Produced

Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru ‘En Cailleret’ 2013
2 Barrels | 509 Bottles Produced

PINOT NOIR
Gevrey-Chambertin ‘La Justice’ 2013
4 Barrels | 1081 Bottles Produced

Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru ‘Combe au Moine’ 2013
1.5 Barrels | 366 Bottles Produced

Pommard 1er Cru ‘Les Chanlins’ 2013
2 Barrels | 517 Bottles Produced

Our style is very focused on terroir. We try to get out of the way of these parcels expressing themselves. We will tell you more out it all on Wednesday!

I will be there with a +1.

I’m planning on stretching the definition of local to include Humboldt County California, so I can bring the BrIceland chardonnay I’ve been wanting to try

We are at 14 by my count

Nicholas - 3
Joe 2
Lee 2
Dan 2
Preston
Paul
Steve
Eric 2

Make that 12 maybe 13 if Mogs joins.

Well, I can’t make this offline after all. [swearing.gif]

Pissed off but work takes priority. Sorry all.

If there is room for two more, we’d love to join. (Please see earlier post).

ok 13 now! We’ll be in the back room. You might bring stems if you like, otherwise, they have some.

Nicholas 3
Joe 2
Lee 2
Dan 2
Eric 2
Paul
Steve +1?

I’ll be a bit late, but just get started without me. We’ll be in the back and you can just let Sarah know you’re with me.