Paulee AMEX pre-sale out

Got the vertical tasting.

Still on the fence about just buying grand tasting ticket vs buying first press package. If the dinner was on a different day from the tasting, I would have def wanted to try the dinner at least once. But it’s on the same day as the tasting and I don’t want to take a chance :slight_smile:

Ours is the 4th and I am putting this out there to Julie right now!

I’ve gone to a bunch over the last 13 years. I’m going to the 20th anniversary event, of course!

Quick take:

1. Verticals are great when the producers pour interesting wines from decent vintages…last year was a bit disappointing. I am hopeful that this year it will be a bit better, but there are a lot of 2011s on the list: Verticals Tasting Wines 2020 — La Paulée. Step aside after you get your pour, please.
  2. The Grand Tasting is there to give you an overview of the vintage - it is worthwhile. Step aside after you get your pour, please.
  3. I find the seminars prior to the grand tasting (2 this year) always interesting and pretty inexpensive…worth it. I loved the talk w/Pataille (2 years ago?).

The Gala: Your enjoyment will be a function of where you get seated, luck, who you know, and how easily you make friends. It’s ok. I do remember pouring out '71 La Tache for various wines from the 20s/30s/40s/50s…it gets crazy.

My preference is to do dinners with folks who have palate preferences like mine – like Truchot, Barthod, Lafarge, Trollat, Overnoy, Mugneret-Gibourg, Tremblay, Bartolo, G. Rinaldi, Juge, Verset, Prevost, and other such stuff? PM me. I usually try to meet with the wine disorder folks as well.

-mark

Expensive event. Newer vintages are always enjoyable to try but seems quite expensive for my taste.

The Vertical tasting is sold out. If anyone changes their mind…I will more than happily purchase your ticket.

I have a ticket to Lafarge that I have decided to sell if anyone has interest.

You might want to try again. I had no problem signing up for the Verticals just now.

Thanks and you are correct! Buying my ticket now…