PATZ & HALL WINERY (going private again)

Just received this email. Interesting - James Hall is buying back Patz & Hall winery.

As our most loyal fans and supporters, I wanted to share some exciting news with you.

Founding Winemaker James Hall is repurchasing Patz & Hall winery from Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, which has owned the winery since 2016. This means that Patz & Hall will once again be privately-owned with James at the helm.

Of buying back Patz & Hall, James Hall said:

“This rare opportunity to reclaim the winery from Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is the culmination of my life’s work over the past 35 years with Patz & Hall. Patz & Hall is currently producing some of the finest Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Sparkling wines of my career. I’m excited to contribute to the future success of this remarkable company.

The chance to buy Patz & Hall back and to fully immerse myself in the business and management decisions is really important and intriguing to me at this point in my career. It’s thrilling.”

We are so happy for James and the future of Patz & Hall. The brightest days are ahead!

A press release with the announcement will be sent out later today to the media.

Wow, that’s pretty cool, actually!

1 Like

I thought so also. I have always enjoyed their SVD pinots, as I like a bigger style of pinot noir. Might need to take a trip over to Sonoma soon.

1 Like

Interesting move after losing the importing rights to Antinori and with Stag’s Leap they’re kind of gutted in the premium space.