Paso Robles assistance

Thanks for the feedback! I think Epoch is a bit too far from where we’re focused on this trip. Next time!

We do love Adeleida. We have been club members for over 10 yrs.
They do a really beautiful job with their wines and are consistent year over year.
Wonderful pinot noir (HMR Estates), which you will not find many of in Paso.

Thanks! Would you go there over Brecon or Paix?

It’s hard for me to compare. I haven’t been to either of those in awhile.
If you do go to Adelaida, though, you can go next door to Daou and see the beautiful views.

Paix is my vote

I would pick Paix Sur Terre as well.

Paix Sur Terre is great - you just need to make sure what they are pouring. He runs out of stuff quickly as he doesn’t make much of any variety.

I know that Orion Stang is involved in another brand but didn’t realize he moved on from Dilecta - when did that happen?

1 Like

I want to say Orion left probably a year ago by now. I heard about it on a podcast. I really liked his wines. Iam not sure if it was a sale or what. The whole thing seemed odd when I heard about it. Anyway Emercy is his new label out of Tin City area

Of your list we like Paix best. Brecon also a very nice tasting experience and solid wine.

Thanks! Seems like I need to shift things around a bit! Now it comes down to - do I keep Denner or do I keep Brecon?!?

Of note, Brecon is out of whites so might cancel that, keep Denner and add Paix (depending on what they have left?). Thoughts?

Denner is beautiful setting. You should go, if you’ve never been.
Delicous wine, as well.

That’s great. Thanks, @Abbie_S, and everyone who responded! I’ll switch out Brecon for Paix and will report back post our visit in January!

Did you make sure Paix is pouring their whites? Also, don’t forget Thacher which is just 5 minutes down the road . . .

We enjoy Epoch and Tablas last time we were there.

1 Like

Epoch is my #1 priority on every trip to Paso. Others that are high on the list include Jacob Toft (in Tin City), Turtle Rock (also in Tin City), Tablas Creek and Denner.

We had a terrific wine experience at Epoch. No way I’d have placed their wines as coming from Paso. And very nice architecture. It was noted in AD or some other publication. Combo of the wine and setting there spoke to me

1 Like

Just got back from the trip. Everything was amazing but I’d say Denner wasn’t as good as I had hoped.

Day 1:
Denner
Paix Sur Terre
Full Draw

Day 2:
Desparada
Aaron
Turtle Rock
Union Sacre Winery

Day 3:
Monochrome

For food - we did Hatch, In Bloom and Six Test Kitchen.

Reach out with any questions! Other names that came highly recommended (need to go back to hit all of them!):

Law Estates
Kukkula
Caliza
Benom
Clos Solene
L’Aventure
Torrin Family
Bovino
The Farm
Top Winery
Copia
Brecon