Paso Robles assistance

Our daughter got married at Oso Libre a few years ago, and we enjoyed their wines. Favorites are L’Aventure, Linne Calodo, Clos Selene, Starr. We used an Uber wine driver for the day of the wedding, and also for winery tours the next day. The rates were very reasonable. I can check to see if she’s still driving if you’re interested. We usually use Hop on the Wine Line in that region - we’ve done both the hop on/hop off and private tours with them. Even on the hop on/hop off they’ve dropped us at wineries not on their schedule that we made appointments at.

We loved Brecon on our last trip and will be hitting Dilecta this time around (it’s right by Brecon and looks to fit the off the beaten path vibe). If you like big and bold wines Herman Story is that. ThEstates was mentioned and we really enjoyed that tasting as well. I was originally going to hit Austin Hope for the cabs for my husband but we ended up moving it down the list maybe someone can confirm how they are who have actually been? Another I had for cabs was the Cab House (Hansen) which if you were going to hit the East side you could maybe pair with lunch at Cass. The owner of the b&b we stayed at mentioned if you call ahead you might even be able to bring in your own cab and they will do a whole side by side comparison thing-for a cab lover that may be something to call and look into.

I second Hatch that was my favorite meal in Paso last year.

If you do go into Tin City; make a stop at Onyx. These are mostly Rhone varietals but worth the stop if you are in the mood for HEAVY Rhone’s.

I’ve only been to that area once and liked it all very much. Reminded me more of eastern WA than Napa.

Please post your trip notes when done.

This one is even newer - April.

I wish the Mods would merge these two

Doug’s list is great. I would add in L’Aventure as well. When specifically will you be there? I’d probably start reaching out to make reservations soon . . .

Good call.

Liquid Farm

Would be in my top 3

[snort.gif] No one recommending Austin Hope the Caymus of Paso Robles [snort.gif]

Feels like that torch has been passed to Daou.

Tablas Creek and Clos Solene are my clear favorites in Paso. I think Law is doing some interesting things and their facility is worth seeing.

Yes I see lots of Facebook posts loving that winery but no one every posts a tasting note.

If you’ve ever been there - it is one of the best views in Paso. Up on a hill and you can see forever. The wine is OK (IMHO) but far from the best in Paso. Enough said.

These Paso threads are just making me want to go back out there

[cheers.gif]

The view is incredible, but if you’re the type who would be bothered by full tables everywhere and kids/dogs running around, you might not enjoy it all that much. I rarely want to say a bad thing about any wineries on these forums, because I know my taste doesn’t always correlate with others, but of the 3 people I was with at our tasting none were able to finish it due to not liking the wine.

I agree. It’s worth a stop just for the view and some photos.

1 Like

My wife and I are going to Paso in early Jan. Out of the names below, which one(s) should we prioritize? Any feedback is helpful!!

Adeleida
Nenow
Paix Sur Terre
Dilecta
Brecon

I’ve already reached out to Denner and Full Draw. Trying to slot one more in for the day and it’s hard to choose!!

I would bail on Dilecta, as the wine maker who was there has a new brand and left the winery and name. Probably nenow or paix. Brecon is solid and has a beautifully winery, but location may determine if you choose that.

The only one I would add (that I didn’t see on anyone’s list) is Epoch Estate. Great wines, and a really cool tasting room.

3 Likes

Definitely.
We always taste at Epoch when in Paso.