Parker Napa Review in October-Predictions ?

Ugh.

Jud,
Good to hear from you !!

It is just that I recognise HE, “Who’s name must not be spoken”, has a better palate than mine , (and mine is in agreement !) [wow.gif] [stirthepothal.gif]

PS How’s da fish business ???

According to Parker, “both 2012 and 2013 are great vintages in #Napa - 2012 more in the style of 2002,while 2013 is more like 2001, but has incredible potential”

I enjoyed a lot of 02 Cabs at release but think 01 wines have better aging ability…

Has RP ever given two buck chuck 100pts ?
Good chance its in the high 90’s based on his current scoring

It doesn’t seem like very many people in the U.S. care any longer.

I’ll take a crack at the Parker 100 point Napa '12 Cab list (edumakated guess);
Abreu Madrona
Abreu Thorevilos
Kapcsandy Cab GV ( Roberta’s Reserve also, but Merlot based)
Maybach Materium
Scarecrow
Schrader CCS
Screaming Eagle
Plumpjack Reserve
Phelps Insignia
Dominus Estate

What do you think ??? [stirthepothal.gif] [shock.gif]

Alone in the glass, Charles Shaw 2012 is a 96. Over ice with Coke, now there’s your hundred points. Wait, I take it back. Alcohol too low. Add a thimbleful of Everclear.

And I know I’m not the only one, but I tend to like things Parker has rating in low-to-mid 90’s but the four 100 pointers I’ve tried have been damn near undrinkable. Harshly alcoholic and pruney or just plain impenetrable.

Biz is good - we have to get together some time and crack some good bottles. Say hi to your better half!

Yep. Parker telegraphed the possibility on Twitter a few weeks back.

Not in Burgundy. Has there ever been a 100 point Burgundy in the Wine Advocate?

thank God, no [wink.gif] [cheers.gif]

I had the 2012 Turnbull Napa CS today and it is pretty delicious. The SV’s should be excellent and could get there.

Where’s the love for Spottswoode?

I haven’t tasted the newest Myriads, but, in general, they are really worthy.

October ends tomorrow !
Have you all placed your bets (bought) before Parker Napa review is released and the 100 pointers explode in prices ? hitsfan [shock.gif]

Based on the ‘save the date’ email from Kapcsandy (and without any surprise), at least one of the 2012 Kapcsandys HAS to be on there

There have been 100 point WA burgs including 1990 Leroy Clos de la Roche.

Have these changed appreciably under Malbec? Parker had a lot of love for the 05 Grand Vin too. I bought that, and have been tracking it since release and still don’t find anything special in this wine. The years go by and Kapcsandy has grown a cult like following. Are the wines markedly different from the early Turley replantings, or am I destined to just not get these? I’m ok w/ the later at these prices, but am still offered the wines and this vintage seems a good time to revisit if they are markedly different from those early wines.
TIA!

I haven’t tasted the Helenistic Kapcsandy wines, but Lou has said the wines made by Denis have much more finesse and elegance and the vineyard plantings now fit with the terroir.

Not Helenistic , maybe Magyarok !!
Lou’s not Greek, He’s Hungarian !!!
And Denis is from Latour !! [tease.gif] [basic-smile.gif]

Helen Turley made the wines before Denis…