Parker California Report part 2

Not just 2013. While the bulk seems to be 2012-2014, I see older wines included.

That’s 18 out of over 1300 wines scored in this part 2. That’s about 1.3%

You can debate all day whether scores should be given and is there really such a thing as 100 point “perfection”. But then maybe you should go back to gymnastics and complain about when they started giving scores of 10 in the Olympics. Just as useful of an argument. If you don’t like it, don’t read or mention Parker’s ratings. You are just drawing more attention to the system…

Is that correct? 100 points for the 13’ Myriad Elysian how did the regular bottling of the 13’ Myriad Dr. Crane do?

Was this rated? Peter Michael Winery 2013 Pinot Noir Ma Danseuse
Thank you,
Carlos

I was wondering the same thing!!

Awesome.

That post is the stone cold lock for post of year of the week.

This reminds me of the Oscars, which are irrelevant and annoying and boring and I always want to know who’s been nominated and what they’ll wear.

Besides those (nice job!) four 100-pointers, how did the rest of Mike Smith’s portfolio do? Just numbers are fine, because who cares about descriptions? [cheers.gif]

a mere 98 !

Killed it all around:
Carter 3 Kings 97
Carter Grand Daddy 98+
All other Carter Cabs 95
McGah Cab Reserve 99
McGah Cab 95
Myriad GIII 98
Myriad Dr Crane 98
Myriad 3 Twins 94
Quivet LPV 98
Quivet Kenefick 94
Quivet Pellet 95
among others…

We need a gout-inducing cab duel between Mike and Russell. [cheers.gif]

This happens every year or more. Eventually someone will post the whole list b

Which from Realm?

Absurd, Bard, and Dr Crane.

Thank you for this – very nice to see the love. I opened one Myriad basic Napa Valley 2013 and found it way too young to enjoy yet (and I’m not a guy who requires that much bottle age on my cabs). I’m sure they’ll come around.

This is kind of fun. I looked up Realm Bard 2013 on wine searcher. Stores show up with prices, click on link, sold out. Except for Vinfolio which shows it for $229, click on link, actual price is $329 with five left.

Glad i already bought six plus one mag.

How many two-digit priced wines received three-digit scores?

3 I believe–Aubert’s Eastside, Morlet’s La Proportion Doree, and Realm’s Bard.

10W40

CLASSIC

I wonder what % of wines over $75 scored 100