**EXTENDED UNTIL SUNDAY** Papa Wagyu - Michelin Quality Wagyu Beef & Caviar (20% OFF Wagyu & 30% OFF caviar)

****Hello Berserkers! Thank you for supporting us on Berserker Day 14.

Comment on this post with your favorite beef wine pairings (preferably someone selling on BD14) to enter our raffle for a $220 wagyu package - no purchase necessary. Orders placed on BD14 will automatically be entered into our raffle.

We've had explosive growth since we were noobies at BD13. Here's how we differ from other purveyors:** 1. Almost all wagyu in the U.S. are hybrids between Japanese Wagyu x Angus. Most of the crossed wagyu doesn't marble out well, and we find needles in the haystack (exceptional marbling to price value). 2. Our direct relationships give us access to the rare wagyu programs worldwide (not just one farm/brand). 3. We use the best products on papawagyu.com - many programs are small production, similar to small producers in Pritchard Hill. •Roy Piper is a fan of our products. Reach out to me on Instagram @papawagyu if you'd like to connect - be forwarned, you may get hungry.

20% OFF wagyu & 30% OFF caviar

Papa Wagyu’s mission is to connect philanthropic communities through exceptional food experiences. As a token of our appreciation, we’d like to offer you our best deal, which is close to our wholesale pricing for our B2B partners. 20% off may not seem like a lot, but we work on tiny margins due to the high cost of overnight shipping and low-markup business model. Our everyday pricing is still a fraction of what you’d pay at the fine restaurants we supply.

Shipping & Delivery

• Overnight Shipping
    California $30 (min. order $150)
    Contiguous US $60 (min. order $300)
    HI & AL $70 (min. order $300)

-wagyu ships frozen and can be stored in your freezer for a long time. We recommend splitting an order with friends to offset the shipping cost. save $10 by shipping to a business address
    -due to the high demand, overnight shipping orders will be shipped out the week of 2/7. if you need your order sooner, please let me know, and I’ll make push your order up.
    -if you only want caviar, we can ship any products from tsarnicoulai.com, nationwide for $30 (min order $150). email caviar orders to sean@papawagyu.com

• Local Delivery
    San Jose is free over $100, and Santa Clara is free over $150

How to Order

1. Visit papawagyu.com, add your items to the cart, and click checkout.
  2. Enter code 20WAGYU for 20% off wagyu and 30CAVIAR (if your cart has caviar).
    **note, we have a free gift promotion on the website, which can’t be combined with discounts. if you accidentally selected a free gift, remove the gift from the cart, refresh the page, and the discount codes will work again.

Wagyu Recommendations

Like wine, each brand/region of Wagyu will be distinct from the others. Farms will differ in genetics, animal husbandry, environment, and diet. The easiest way to think about wagyu is to determine your preference between medium fatty, fatty, and extra-fatty textures (similar to tuna). I marked my favorite steaks with an asterisk*

Medium Fatty Wagyu

texture: ideal for those who want a step up from USDA prime and enjoy leaner wagyu (most crossed wagyu marbles out around here).*

1. Australian F4 Striploin (SOLD OUT - fattier version available below): rare purebred genetics and from the best farm I found in Australia.

2. American F1 Bone-In Ribeye: excellent marbling/price value and popular in fine steakhouses*.

3. American F1 Striploin: our leanest wagyu steak, raised in Texas.

Extra Fatty Wagyu

texture: more steak texture than A5 Japanese wagyu (melts-in-your-mouth) and balanced. will most likely be the best steak you’ll enjoy in your lifetime

1. Australian 20oz Ribeye*: common feedback from wagyu enthusiasts and people who dine at Michelin restaurants - best wagyu steak. thicker and ideal for reverse-sear. rare wagyu genetics.*

2. Australian F4 Striploin*: similar marbling to the 20oz ribeye above, but thinner. This is the fattier version of medium fatty #1 above (order both to see your marbling preferences.

Fattiest Wagyu

texture: world-famous melt-in-your-mouth experience and extremely rich. recommended to eat in small 3-4oz portions. must try to blow your mind if you’ve never had A5 Japanese Wagyu

1. A5 Kagoshima*: 2017 & 2022 Japanese Wagyu Olympic Winner
  1. A5 Miyazakigyu*: 2007 & 2012 Japanese Wagyu Olympic Winner

Caviar & Roe Recommendations

Sustainable & delicious American White Sturgeon Caviar by Tsar Nicoulai - trusted by Michelin chefs.

Tsar Nicoulai Caviar

• Small batch American Caviar without using antibiotics, growth hormones, GMOs, or synthetic preservatives.

• Most caviar brands are private labels from large caviar farms. Tsar owns their farms and supplies many private labels - exceptional caviar with a low price tag.

• Their American caviar farm is in Wilton, CA. Many caviar brands come from China, with little oversight (almost all of the Kaluga caviar). Please spend time researching where your food comes from.

My personal favorites from Tsar

1. Estate Caviar: award-winning grade with a reasonable price tag. Clean and earthy, not fishy like some non-caviar eaters would expect.

2. Reserve Caviar: premium nutty and light flavor prized by chefs, produced in limited quantities

3. Osetra Caviar: popular clean, rich, and nutty flavor with a slightly briny finish.

4. Smoked Trout Roe: unique silky pop texture, slightly sweet and smoky flavor, and better than the salmon roe.

Shop with our partners

If you’re looking for exceptional products, check out some companies we work with.

1. Seisuke Knife. Seisuke is the American division of one of the largest knife stores in Japan (Japanny)
  2. Maruhide. Factory processor of Santa Barbara Uni for the largest distributors, Michelin restaurants, and fine chefs across the U.S. They carry our A5 Wagyu and have lower order minimums than papawagyu.com

If you have any questions or need product recommendations, please reply back to this thread. Your questions will help others, and I’d love to help!

Wishing you and your family well,
-Sean

BTW, I tried some of this A5 last year (I think @Patrick_Taylor did as well) and it was spectacular - Sean, which one did I have, do you recall? As I’ve little experience cooking nuggets of fatty gold like this, Sean was kind enough to give instructions on cooking, as I didn’t want to ruin it. Basically it’s like beef flavored butter, and the texture is so rich - in fact, it’s so fatty it even LOOKS like butter - the marbling is actually the beef - most of it is that delicious and rich fat. My stomach literally started growling as I typed this…

Yes, the quality and marbling was spectacular. I was lucky enough to be assigned to this “Newbie” on BD13 and was sent a tasting set for evaluation.

The A5 got better and better the longer it cooked. The fat stayed mostly inside and provided a confit effect. Sean has detailed instructions on how to prepare and cook everything. I had a small piece with sushi rice and a bit of soy and a glass of bubbly… so frickin’ awesome.

Here are my tasting notes from last year. See post #4.

1 Like

I’m in for an order and would love the trout roe since my children eat tons of fish eggs (4 year old won’t eat chicken eggs but she wolfs down fish eggs).

My order:

2x marinated salmon roe (assume this keeps for a couple of weeks after opening in fridge, but let me know if not)
2x truffled whitefish roe
1x A5 Kagoshima striploin - 7oz preferred
1x 20 oz australian ribeye
1x 12 oz australian F4 striploin
1x .8lb large trim pack
1x small tin classic caviar

Should cross $300, let me know if not and i can adjust.

Excited to try this, just got in a few steaks (was too late last year so happy to be in this one). Thank you!

@Sean_Nguyen: as a first timer, would you be able to provide any instructions on best way to cook? purchased a couple A5s + reserve selection F4s

1 Like

Hi Aleks, thank you for the order! Great idea on the trout roe - I’ll give it to my toddler tonight. Sending you a DM now.

2 Likes

They love it! One of my two year olds first multiple word phrases was “fish eggs pwease”

Hi Michael! Welcome back, and thank you for your support.

Great question on the cooking - all of the products have detailed cooking instructions below. In addition, the steaks will come with a printed information card with a QR code linking you to the cooking instructions.

Overview
Wagyu is easier to cook than USDA prime due to the high amount of intramuscular fat (the higher the marbling, the easier it is to cook)

A5 Japanese Wagyu
• literally melts in your mouth rare or well done. Allowing the steak to come up to room temperature before a quick-pan sear is part of the cooking process since fullblood wagyu melts around 78°F.
• cooking timetables are in the product links. these steaks cook very fast and you’re looking for an even brown color with medium high heat.
• you can’t mess up this steak and it will be delicious at any doneness - I prefer medium, but medium-rare is a popular option
• I recommend eating this with sushi rice to balance out the richness (acidity + rice breaks up the texture).

Crossed Wagyu
• the other crossed steaks (reserve selection) you purchased use the same cooking techniques as USDA prime.
• aim for medium rare

Tips:
• cook one steak at a time and drain the pan between every steak
• save the leftover fat in the pan, which can be brushed over future non-wagyu steaks and seafood
• the fat (tallow) gives other proteins a nice mouthfeel
• take a sip of your favorite drink to take the edge off before cooking - preferably a wine you purchased from BD14 : )

Please text or call me at 4086570885 before you cook on the day you cook if you have questions - I’d love to help.

Thanks for your feedback, Todd! Indeed, I sent you a stick of butter in the form of “steak.” You had A5 Japanese wagyu beef with the highest beef marble score (12 out of 12). While I love fatty steaks, I can only eat small portions of A5 with sushi rice. I’ve been enjoying the balanced textures of the Australian wagyu steaks lately. I always get hungry when talking about food.

Ok, that sounds awesome. I love SUPER fatty farmed salmon sushi, but only with sushi rice…this sounds similar, just far more rich and delicious

Thank you for your feedback Patrick. I’m glad you had a good experience. Do you have any wine pairing recommendations for others in this thread?

I do. I loved it with dry bubbly. Chablis or an unoaked or neutral oak chardonnay would also be very good.

For reds: lighter reds with low tannins were good. I think full bodied and/or tannic reds would be overwhelming.

1 Like

Here’s my order in my cart:
A5 MIYAZAKIGYU (4oz) x4
A5 KAGOSHIMA (8oz) x2

I’ve also enjoyed bubblies and lighter reds - an outstanding balance with fatty meats. I appreciate your hard work getting us ready for BD14!

Awesome. first time buying wagyu. Gonna have to come back when I cook it to look for the instructions.

THIS! Massimo and I were lucky enough to receive a Papa Wagyu ribeye and we enjoyed it last month on one of those peaceful days between Christmas and New Year’s Eve, with a bottle of our '19 Di Costanzo Farella. It was truly a luxury and beyond delicious! Having that cut in the freezer made it so fun to say, “Hey, should we do this for tomorrow?” and a casual night turned into something really memorable. Can’t recommend these products or Sean’s thoughtful service enough.

1 Like

Thank you for your repeat purchase William! Feedback (good or bad) is a gift if you’d like to share your experience with others : )

Sean’s been great and the beef has been fantastic (very rich, hah). Looking forward to eating more soon!

Thank you for your support! All of the products have easy cooking instructions at the bottom of the product page. You can also text me if you have any questions at 4086570885. I’m looking forward to connecting!